Chapter 27- Cookie Disaster Kitchen

My body wakes up but my eyes don't open. Have you ever had that before? Like where you know you're awake but you're not.

Someone's arm is draped around my waist and I'm lying on a bed. At least I think its a bed. I don't want to open my eyes to check.

Wait, I never fell asleep on a bed? I was at the beach...

I open my eyes slowly, looking around to see where I am. This isn't my room. Although this room looks oddly familiar like I've been here-

My thoughts get cut off by someone moving beside me, their arm is around my waist and they pull me backwards towards their hard chest.

Oh my god, did I have sex with someone? No, it can't be. Could it? But I've been here before... Whose bedroom is this? Its definitely a guy.

I turn around and look up at the sleeping face of Dylan. I'm sleeping in the same bed as Dylan Thompson! Oh my god!

I stare up at his face, at least now I have a chance to stare at him up close without him noticing or making fun of me. If he found out I liked him I would honestly die. I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Dylan's shirtless and his body is pressed against mine. This is heaven. I look at his soft lips, oh how I wish I could just kiss him. He almost kissed me. But it was probably because he felt bad about choosing Jennefer over me. I really want to kiss him. I'm so close I could just lean foward and do it.

No, I can't. There's no way he would want to kiss me. His skin looks so soft and his eyes are so pretty. Wait, his eyes are open?

Dylan smirks, "Enjoying the view?" He croaks. Oh my god, his morning voice is better than anything I've ever heard. I quickly look away, "No, I just woke up." I lie. "Mhmm, whatever you say nerd." he whispers.

"Why am I in your room?" I ask, changing the subject. Dylan sits up and the sheets roll down, giving me a perfect view of his toned torso. Damn, I wanna touch it. "Well, yesterday you fell asleep on the beach and so I carried you on the bus but you were completely knocked out and I couldn't get into your house because I didn't want to wake you up to ask where the keys were and so I just brought you here." Dylan explains.

"Uh, okay, but why didn't you put me in the guest room." I ask.

"Uh, well, I- I didn't want to wake up my mom or my sister by walking down the corridor to the guest room." Dylan says quickly.

I nod and sit up, my arm brushing against Dylan's.

"You want breakfast?" Dylan asks. I nod and we both go downstairs. I realize that I'm not wearing Ruby's cloths that I was wearing yesterday although my bikini is still on under.

"Did you change me?" I ask, looking down at the shorts and top I'm wearing. Its really soft and comfortable. "Uh, yeah, I hope you don't mind you, just didn't look comfortable and so I changed you into Cassandra's pajamas." Dylan says, smiling sheepishly and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wow, so you took of my cloths while I was sleeping? You better not have stared for too long." I say, feeling a bit self conscious. "Oh I definitely stared, it was so worth it." Dylan says and winks then walks into the kitchen.

Ah, the cookie disaster kitchen.

"Listen, so I can make cookies but I can't make pancakes... Or eggs." I chuckle, "Well, let's try to make pancakes. Then we can at least say we tried." I say.

---

"Ummm, yeah. I think we should go out and get something to eat." Dylan says as he chucks the burnt pancakes into the trash.

"Aww, are you asking me out." I say sarcastically, putting a hand to my heart.

"I was just assuming you wanted to eat. But I guess you can stay here if you want." Dylan says.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, let's go." I say.

As Dylan opens the door Carly runs down the stairs, "You! I know you!"

I laugh and pick her up as she hugs me, "I know you too, Carly!"

"What's your name?" Carly asks.

"My name is Maya." I say smiling. "You're Dylan's girlfriend?" Carly asks. I chuckle and shake my head. "Why not?" Carly asks.

I look at Dylan. Because your brother doesn't like me. "Carly, go to mom." Dylan says and moves out the way to let me out the door.

I put her down and she runs back up the stairs. "So where are we going?" I ask. "Pier's." Dylan says and the rest of the drive is silent.

---

I don't really have anything to say right now so I am going to say that I don't have anything to say which will give me something to say and so now that I have said that I don't have something to say, I have said something.

Qotd: "You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day."
- Author unknown

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG