Stage Three: In Too Deep

Dedicated to _BoyDirectioner because he is one of my closest friends and even though I feel as if I annoy him a lot of the time, I do care deeply for him. So, Kiddy Kidd Kidd, this one is for you and your Ziall shipping ways. (And it's not edited, so if there are any grammatical errors, I am sorry.)

Sammie xx

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The morning after the party, I still swear to this day that the sunshine peeking through my window blinds was the brightest the sun has ever been. My eyes weren't open yet, but I knew you were right next to me since your hair was tickling my nose and I just had to smile. I'm smiling even thinking about it right now.

I remember reading this one book about how a guy woke up next to the girl he fancied and then left her alone in her bed, though he was sober the night prior and she seemed to have wanted to just lay and sleep with him.

I just didn't understand that.

When I opened my eyes, I made sure not to move so you can continue sleeping. You were using my chest as your pillow and I was afraid that even if I breathed too harshly or loudly, I'd wake you. And honestly, anyone who would want to wake up such a beautiful sleeping angel like you is pure evil.

(You are the most adorable thing when you sleep.)

Sadly you did wake up, your gorgeous blue eyes looking tired and exhausted beyond anything else. You looked around as if you were confused to where you were and just like some freaking teenage romance movie, you looked down at my chest and slowly up to my face. My breathing was growing heavier as you just sat there, your arms still laying on my stomach and you staring at me.

I was waiting for your memories of last night to come back, maybe even you explaining to me what happened with that Emily girl. But I got what I should have expected to receive: absolutely nothing. All you did was quickly stand up and gather your clothing, before getting out of my bedroom without a second glance towards me.

My feet seemed to get up on their own, racing down the staircase to try and catch you. "Niall, hold on!" I yelled, but you were literally hopping as you put on your pants from last night and walked outside without your shirt on. Not even caring that I only have my boxers on, I hurried behind you and grabbed your forearm so you can finally stop.

"What was that for?" I asked, but you wouldn't look at me. You just tugged your shirt on and tried to keep going, but I went and grabbed you again. But this time instead of letting go, I kept my grip. "Niall. stop trying to fucking run away from me and tell me why the hell you're just running, mate?" I asked with anger lacing each word.

You finally looked up at me and I could see that you were just as angry as I am. "Did you not see how we woke up, Zayn? How we were fucking cuddling like two faggots or some shit?" You asked and when you said faggots, I remember that I had to take a step back. You weren't- aren't a homophobe, that I know since our friends Dan and Phil have been dating for months and you were perfectly okay with it, but it made me realize something.

You were afraid of it. Maybe you were afraid of me, too. (Are you, Niall? Do I scare you?)

"So what if we woke up like that? It doesn't mean anything, Ni-"

"That is fucking bullshit and you know it, Zayn!" You yelled as you interrupted me. "I know you've been looking at me." I gulped, scared shitless of where this argument was going. "Yeah, that's right. What did ya think? That I wouldn't see you as you practically drool over me? That's just not normal, mate! Two friends shouldn't wake up like that, especially if they were 'supposedly straight', Zayn."