Chapter Two

Scarlett's POV

'Olivia what on earth do you think you're doing?' I hissed as we were led up the stairs to the VIP section of the club. 

'Stop being an idiot Scarlett, look on the bright side, we got to skip the queue and we're in the VIP bit for tonight thanks to him!' she explained with a huge grin on her face. 'Just enjoy it as it may never happen again.'

'Yeah you're right, they can't be that bad can they,' I said as we reached the top of the stairs and looked over to the group of guys making themselves comfortable on the padded seating. 

The VIP section was located above the main section, there were a set of stairs beside the bar leading you up. It was huge, a bar at the back and a glass railing at the front which I walked over to. Directly across from me was the dj, below was the dance floor and underneath us was the bar. I gazed down to a sea of drunk, sweaty bodies moving in sync with the hard beat of the music. I smiled at the satisfaction of knowing we weren't completely isolated from everything, so I grabbed a glass of champagne and headed for a seat. 

Harry's POV

'Shit,' I mumbled as I slowly rose from my position to my feet. I heard sniggers inside from all the boys, so I decided to join in too and started laughing. 

'Harry are you ok?'

'Harry, what was that all about?'

'Are you drunk Harry?'

Statements and questions such as these were shouted to me after my little performance along with flashing lights. I brushed them off with a smile and a small laugh as I quickly headed inside. 

I've been coming to this club for a while now and I knew my way around pretty well. Immediately walking towards the stairs, I was stopped in my tracks by a swarm of girls.

'Are you Harry Styles?'

'Oh my god it's really him!'

'Is this real?'

I couldn't quite answer all their questions at once so I replied with a simple 'hi' before dashing up the stairs with the rest of the lads.

Scarlett’s POV

It was half past 10 and I should already be drunk by now, but oddly I was cooped up in a little corner on my phone for the past half hour.

Olivia hadn’t spoken to me in the slightest, she was ‘too busy’ canoodling up to a guy – a guy which I knew very well, Steven Chambers. I looked across to find the 30-year-old, confident creep (who had 10 years on Liv) stroking her face and whispering in her ear. Don’t get me wrong, he’s totally gorgeous, but it's weird - he's our boss!

I shrugged it off and decided that it wasn’t going to ruin my night any more. I stood up abruptly, fixed my dress, and headed over to the bar. As I was walking, I noticed that we weren’t alone in the VIP area, as there were another group of guys there too. ‘Great,’ I thought to myself and mentally rolled my eyes.

‘What can I get’cha?’ asked the bar man whilst twiddling a few glasses.

‘Hmm,’ I began. I carefully made my decision, scanning all the bottles of alcohol. ‘Well firstly, I’d like two shots of Sambuca please.’

‘Coming right up,’ he smiled, grabbed two shot glasses and proceeded to pour the clear liquid into each glass, making sure to fill them right to the top. ‘It’s a pound a shot so that’ll be two pounds please.’ I handed him two pound coins and they were placed in the register. ‘Go on then,’ he nodded whilst pointing to the shot glasses grinning.

I stared at them for a few seconds before saying, ‘Ah, fuck it!’ I picked up one glass and threw it back into my mouth and quickly swallowed. Without even thinking, the contents of the next glass were half way down my throat.

I slammed the glass down on the sturdy counter. I noticed the bar man laughing at what he’d just witnessed. I could feel the Sambuca tearing my throat to shreds. I managed to squeeze some words out, ‘so I’ll have a Jack Daniels and coke to take the edge off please.’

‘Oh, you like whiskey?’ said a voice from beside me. I quickly turned my head to the side, causing my hair to fan out; I noticed it was one of those other boys.

‘Especially Jack Daniels, he’s my man,’ I joked, feeling this sudden confidence from the shots.

‘Good choice,’ he said smiling. He raised his hand and the barman nodded, ‘make that two Jack Daniel’s and coke. Doubles.’ I studied him, although I couldn’t quite make out much due to the two shots I just necked and the dim lighting.

The barman came back with the requests and placed one glass in front of me, and one in front of the guy beside me. As I was reached for my purse I heard the same voice say, ‘that’s for the two of them.’ I looked up to find a note being handed to the bar man.

‘What are you doing?’ I asked furrowing my eyebrows. ‘I can pay for that myself you know.’

‘I know,’ he smiled whilst standing up and slipping the change he had just received into his pocket with a little shake. Picking up his glass he continued, ‘Well... Are you coming?’ He rose his eyebrows.

I gave him a weird look, as if to say ‘uh what’, he soon picked up on this. ‘Since I have just bought you a drink, you can join me over there.’ He pointed over to an empty table beside his group of friends.

‘Oh I can, can I?’ I smirked coming off a little smart. He reciprocated my action, waited for me to hop off my chair before leading me over to the table.

He sat down at one side and motioned for me to sit across from him. I began to pull out the chair before stopping and looking up, ‘Wait,’ I breathed. ‘I don’t even know your name.’

A/N - thanks to all who have read so far. Leave me a comment to let me know what you think, don't forget to vote lovely's! xo