Chapter Three

Scarlett’s POV

He took a sip of his whiskey and coke, keeping his eyes on me before setting it down and licking his lips and speaking up, ‘you don’t need to. Sit?’

I placed my glass and my clutch bag on the table and sat down. ‘Hold on a minute,’ I said whilst my sight was adjusted in better light. ‘Are you not one of the guys from One Direction?’

He smirked before answering, ‘I was wondering how long it would take you to figure that one out.’

‘Whaaaaaat!!’ I thought to myself. ‘What do I do? Do I play it cool? Should I total fan girl? Shit. I need to speak up shit. Ok, just be yourself.’

‘Holy shit really?’ I blurted out. ‘Well, this isn’t something that happens every day.’ I stifled a nervous laugh whilst taking a huge gulp from my drink.

He laughed at my nervousness and also took a drink, finishing the glass. He raised his eyebrows and showed me the empty glass. I took this as a hint to down the rest.

‘Another?’ he asked whilst getting up from his chair and walking towards the bar without waiting for my answer.

I really wasn’t sure what member he was from the band. I know that sounds bad and I should know because they are everywhere, but I can’t put names to faces. I know that Niall is the Irish one, that’s pretty obvious because his name is Irish, but I’m not too sure about the other four.

Once he came back and sat the drinks down I decided that I was definitely going to quiz him and get a name out of him.

Taking a gulp from my drink I fired my first question, ‘How old are you?’

‘Nineteen. And you?’

‘Eighteen.’ I replied. ‘Favourite colour?’

‘Red,’ he shot back at me. ‘Do you have a boyfriend?’

‘I don’t, do you?’

‘No,’ he said whilst laughing. ‘I don’t swing that way love.’

‘That’s good to know,’ I stated. The conversation kind of went flat after that and I could feel the awkward tension so I piped up, ‘I’ll be back in a sec.’

‘What? You’re leaving me already,’ he asked jokingly.

‘Actually I have a surprise for you,’ I winked before heading to the bar.

***

‘Holy shit,’ he said screwing his face up. ‘How many was that?’

‘Only 6 you pussy, come on, 4 more to go!’ I said slightly slurring my words.

‘I’m not a big fan of tequila’, he admitted.

‘Ok I’ll help you out,’ I suggested and grabbed one of his shot glasses. ‘Right, 3.. 2.. 1.’ The tequila was in my mouth and down my throat before he could even finish the glass. ‘Swallow it, come on.’ I egged him on.

‘Right, I can do it only two more to go,’ he gave himself a talking to before picking up the two glasses, one in each hand and shotting them.

His eyes started to go red just a tiny bit and his speech was slurred so I could tell he was drunk. It didn’t matter though because I was in the same state, if not worse.

***

{few hours later}

‘I can’t believe I still don’t know your name and I’ve been with you the whole night, what is your secret?’ I asked.

‘You don’t want to know,’ he said coldly, forcing a small smile and taking a sip of straight whiskey.

‘It was a joke,’ I continued. ‘Anyways, the clubs closing in the next 10 minutes so I better go get my friends.’ I stood up and looked over to where I had left Olivia earlier in the night.

To my surprise, the booth was empty. ‘Are you fucking kidding me?!’ fired out of my mouth.

‘What’s up love?’ he asked stumbling to his feet and peering in the same direction as I was. ‘Oh, your friends have gone.’

‘No shit Sherlock. Ok I’m going to go outside to see if they are there,’ I said as I finished my drink and grabbed my clutch. ‘It was really nice meeting you and talking to you.’

He walked over and gave me a hug and whispered, ‘Do you wanna know my name?’

Ok hey guys! Really sorry it’s short, it was kind of a filler for the next long chapter. Even so, please comment and vote and I’ll update asap! xo