Chapter 6

Transparent Eyes

Chapter 6

Thursday arrived sooner than I thought it would. Thursday morning I felt suddenly nervous and for a minute I thought about not going to the party at all but then I kept on telling myself that it will be fun, that my best friends will be there, and that nothing will go wrong.

Lindsay called me in the morning and asked me if I wanted to go to her place to get ready but I told her that she should come to my place instead because it’s calmer and closer to Patrick’s house since he was the one who was going to drive us there.

The day was passing really slowly. It was still noon, five hours before Lindsay arrived, when I decided that I had to do something for the time to pass faster.

I made a mental list of things I could do. It was too hot outside to go for a walk or jog, I didn’t really feel like cooking or baking, I didn’t want to watch TV anymore, and I wanted to get out of the house so I finally decided to go to the mall.

Since it was too hot to walk to the mall, I called a cab. Twenty minutes later, I was at the mall, buying my favorite chocolate muffin from Starbucks.

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to buy from the mall. I had a little extra money so I could buy some clothes or accessories with them.

I went into several shops but I couldn’t find any outfits I liked so I decided to visit Swarovski. There were sales on many items, maybe I could find something pretty and not too expensive.

When I saw the charms, I suddenly wished I had a charm bracelet to buy some of them. But then I saw a necklace I have always wanted but thought was too expensive. It was a silver Tinker Bell necklace and it was half-price now!

Without hesitation, I bought it. It would look great with my outfit for tonight’s party, I thought as I walked around the mall for a bit longer.

I arrived home at around four and prepared my outfit on my bed. I was going to wear a short strapless blue dress with silver sandals and of course my new necklace!

We were going to leave for the party at around nine so that we’ll arrive at around nine thirty. Lindsay and I watched a movie before we started getting ready for the party.

She was wearing a tight short black dress that looked really nice on her. As usual, she complained about my dress not being tight enough. I didn’t like wearing tight dresses as much as she did. I had a few but I didn’t always wear them.

“I’ll do your makeup!” She said excitedly and I shrugged. I had already straightened my hair in the morning after I showered so I only had my makeup to do. When Lindsay finished her hair and her makeup she started with mine.

“Thanks!” I said when she was done. I smiled when I saw my face. She knew that I didn’t like makeup a lot so she kept it light. We took a few pictures then I remembered my necklace.

“Oh! Look what I got today!” I told her excitedly as I took out the necklace from the blue Swarovski box. She gasped.

“It’s gorgeous!”

“I know! I love it!”

I then put it on and she gave me a look of approval. It looked great with my outfit. A few minutes later, Patrick texted me saying that he was waiting for us outside.

“Dad!” I called out as I grabbed my purse and left my room. “We’re leaving!”

“Okay, sweetie, take care and don’t stay out too late,” he said, kissing my forehead.