Chapter 23:

The muffled angry voices slowly bring me back.

Why do the voices sound so mad?

I go to rub the sleep from my eyes and realize my arms are tied behind my back by some sort of metal. Glancing down I realize that I am also in a dress and there is a mask covering my face.

A dress? Mask?

All of the events from tonight then come rushing back to my all at once. I remember talking to my dad and then going to look for Colton. I also remember being surrounded by hunters and then I don't remember anything else.

I hope with all my heart that Colton didn't have anything to do with these hunters and that this was just a random tribe. I know that this is probably the same tribe as the one that attacked all the other packs.

No matter how much I hope I know deep down that my mate is a hunter. His tribe is the reason my mother is no longer with me. I also know that it is very unlikely that I was taken my mistake. I saw the faces of the men that night.

The cold metal on my wrists bring me back to reality. Looking around I see that I am in some kind of cell. In the cell with me in a small toilet in the far corner. The toilet would do me no good even if I did have to pee. I can't get up from my spot on the floor since my arms are pinned behind me and secured to a pole that is cemented into the ground.

The cell is in the corner of a small room. The room only has a little table and nothing else. The walls are an ugly gray and there are cob webs in every corner telling me that wherever I am its old. The only light in the whole room is coming from a window above the desk. Even from here I notice that the glass is thick which tells me screaming will do me no good.

The sound of voices then begins to get closer and louder. A man with blond hair then walks into the room followed by two more very large men with guns.

The same blond hair of the man that came after my mom and me when I was young. The color hair of the man that ordered my mothers death. The same as Colton's father but I was told he died. I was lied to. I have to fight to keep from gasping as I realize that this is the same tribe as the one years ago.

"Well who do we have here?"

The man squats down in front of me and grabs my face. I look straight into his eyes showing that I'm not backing down that easily.

"Lets see who we have under that mask" he reaches for my mask and I never look away. "Such a pretty face. Now tell me, what is your name and rank in the pack. Hopefully we got someone worthy of trading."

Instead of answering his questions I spit in his face before he can remove my mask . His hand instantly comes up and smacks me across the face.

"Looks like our little guest is a stubborn. If shes not going to tell us what her rank is then we will have to find out another way. Bring him in to identify her. Lets hope he is finally useful."

One of the guards walks out of the room to fetch whoever he is leaving me with the other guard and man that gave the orders.

Not two minutes later the other guard reappears with Colton and another guy I assume is another guard. Relief rushes over me when I see that he is still in one piece.

Colton is still wearing the tux that I last saw him in. His hair is sticking up in all directions like he has been running his hands through it for hours. Overall he looks a mess but it's his face that stands out the most. His cheeks are pale and he has bags under his eyes. He eyes show no emotions. That scared me some.

The man that was giving the orders then bends down in front of my again. I think that he is going to slap me across the face once more but instead he removes my mask. I look down at the floor right away and let my hair cover some of my face. I don't want them to know who I am, who they captured.

"Colton who is this?" the man demands.

I pray that Colton will not tell them, not to give in. Thankfully Colton stays quiet. This earns him a punch in the face.

I try to go to him but I'm instantly pulled back down thanks to the restraints on my arms. A tear slides down my face seeing my mate in pain.

"I am so disappointed in you son. You could have grown into such a great hunter but instead you side with the wolves. You are just like your mother. Hell if I knew then what your mother actually was I would have killed her before we ever adopted you. The only reason you are still here is because I thought I could train you" he turns away from Colton and looks back down at me. "Well since he won't tell me who you are and neither will you, I guess we will have to do this the hard way."

The guard that came in with Colton came over to me in stuck a needle into my arm and ejected the liquid into me. He then undoes my restraints. I try to run then but the man shoves me back down.

A moment passes and nothing happened. I looked into Colton's eyes to try to find an answer but all I get is confusion. Then shock and disbelief spread across his face.

"No!"

Right as he screams I felt the pain. It felt like the pain of the first shift. I felt my bones starting to shift from human to wolf. I fight with everything in my to stop the change from happening. I know that anyone that knows anything about my pack will know that the wolf that is pure white coat with black tip tail is the future alpha. They are about to find out that I am that wolf.

"Why?" I scream at Colon. A tear slides down his cheek.

Pain in my arm pulls me from my thoughts. I glace down at my arm and see a paw starting to form instead of a hand and patches of white fur. As pain then shoots down my spine, from my neck to my now growing tail, I let out a blood curdling scream that turns into a howl. The pain suddenly ends as I complete the change.

I collapse in a pile tucking my tail under my body thankful that the pain is over.

The blond man gasps, "No, it can't be!" He then walks behind me and grabs the base of my tail. He gives it a hard tug to pull it from under me. The man begins to laugh, "We hit the jack pot here boys!"

In that moment I know that I am in trouble. I know now that I'll probably not be leaving this room.

I'll see you soon mama.