Chapter 22 -- Anthony

"Um dad. I'm home".

Heavy steps came from the hallway ahead of me. His dark eyes glared down at me. His tough and large face was scarred and hairy from his bushy beard. His bald head grew fine hairs.

"Where the hell have you been, boy" his face became grim and his eyes almost seemed pure black.

"I was just hanging out with Crimson" my tiny hands trembled before him.

"What did I tell you ABOUT SEEING THAT GIRL" he shouted throughout the house. I was absolutely scared. He towered over me with his height. His hand clenched into a fist.

"She's my friend dad" I whimpered a bit.

"A friend" he laughed a demonic laugh. "You're an embarrassment Anthony, you have no friends, no one cares about you, no one loves you, you are pathetic, you're born alone and you'll die alone. And for you; you will die pathetic, worthless. You'll never amount to anything" he snapped.

Tears welled up in my eyes. "I have a friend! And she likes me for who I am. You're a horrible person! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU" I screamed. Quickly I ran to the door and grabbed the handle.

He grabbed my shoulder with his large hand and crushed down. "You're not going anywhere you worthless excuse of a child" his words hissed into my ear.

"LET GO OF ME" I shouted.

Suddenly he slammed my head into the door and threw me chest-first to the wooden floor. I balled and wailed for him to stop. I looked back to see him unbuckling his leather belt and holding it in his hand.

"You're not leaving anywhere" he growled.

He threw his arm down. My back burned at the sudden jolt. The belt had whipped across my back. Flesh tore and started to bleed. He kept whipping me. Again, and again, and again, and again until I couldn't feel my back anymore.

And then my face.

--------------------------

I opened my eyes. I was still in the holding cell, awaiting for my punishment. The scars on my back ached like they were newly whipped. I sighed in relief to know that it wasn't then but now. And I'd rather it be now then back when he was still alive.

This is still a nightmare. But I'm not alone in it.

I still had my arm around Tracey's stomach. My face buried in her red fire of hair. It smelt of cinnamon, but it was fading as the days went by. I tried going back to sleep but the thought of the punishment being today kept me up.

Sent out the walls.

Tracey turned herself around so that her face was looking at mine. Our lips inches away. Our eyes staring deep into each others. Her eyes were so frost blue, it was so mesmerizing to look at the warped void.

"Good morning" she smiled. "Sleep okay"?

I didn't want to tell her about my horrible memory. Not yet at least. I don't want the pity from her at this situation. "I did. Thanks for keeping me warm. I wish they'd give my shirt back".

"Your welcome".

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds. Those seconds could have easily turned into hours. She slowly leaned closer to me. Lips an inch or two away from each other.

The door slid open, interrupting us from kissing each other. I moved away and sat up straight to see who it was. Tracey sat up too. Omar stood at the door. This time he had two people with him. They were both Zytos. I could tell from their jumpsuits and the tattoos with their number-name on their neck. One was a male and the other was a female. The male had a 'Zerro' on his neck and the female had a 'Sevven' on her neck.