Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Aria wakes up with Annabelle head buried underneath the covers. Aria yawns in her hand and then shivers. It was freezing in her chambers. She gets out of bed and grabs some pants slipping them on. She walks towards the closet and grabs an extra quilt and throws it over Annabelle tiny body.

She walks downstairs and goes into the kitchen happy to see Helen is up. The brunette turns around and Aria covers her hand with her mouth when she notice some scars in Helen face. “Before you freak out.” Helen starts. “I’m fine.”

“Why are you not healing?” Aria asks. She could not help that she was worried.

Helen shrugs, “When the plane crash some people were around. I could smell them. Once Amelia arrived I went and chase after them. Well let’s just say it was not a good idea. I was ambushed and I barely got away.” The brunette continues to explain and Aria steps towards her taking in the bruises. “Whatever they shot me with has stopped my ability to heal.”

“For how long?” Aria touches the bruise on her upper lip. She was not use to the perfect vampire having scars. “I don’t know.” Helen answers, letting the human touch her bruises. “They do not hurt much.” She assures.

Aria frowns and goes to get a white towel. She comes back and begins to softly clean Helen wounds. “You cannot be the hero all the time Helen.” The human starts. “There are people here who care about you.”

Helen chews on her bottom lip. She didn’t think about that. She figured her job was done after Amelia return. “Just because she is back does not mean you can go killing and hurting yourself. Annabelle loves and adores you and I care.” Aria explains and Helen gulps. “So do not do that again. You understand me?”

Helen looks into Aria coffee brown eyes and notice the human was serious. “I understand.” Helen replies. “I’m sorry.”

Aria runs her hand through Helen brunette hair and pulls her down connecting their lips together. Helen hesitates at first until Aria forces her tongue into her mouth. Helen grips the human hips tightly and kisses back.

Aria slowly pulls back and then jumps when she hears Amelia talking loudly with her daughter. Aria steps back and turns around. She grins when her daughter runs into her arms. “Hey baby.”

“Good morning mommy.” Annabelle smiles. “Can I have oatmeal please?”

“Yes darling.” Aria replies and then looks at Amelia. She looked better. Her blonde hair was up in a high ponytail. She had on a pair of rip jeans and plain white t-shirt. It was weird not seeing her in a designer power suit and heels.

Amelia eyebrow arches towards Helen sending her a message. She had seen and heard everything. The reason she begin talking loud is so Annabelle wouldn’t catch them. The little girl had come into her chambers early this morning calling her ‘mom’. They had agreed that Belle should call her Amelia until Aria is comfortable.

Amelia clears her throat and says, “Good morning.”

Helen leans on the kitchen counter and replies, “Good Morning Amelia. Sleep well?”

Amelia chuckles, “Great. It seems you have had an interesting morning with my-

Amelia stops and clears her throat. She looks into Aria eyes and sees hatred. “Aria.” She corrects. Aria told her last night she did not love her anymore. So calling Aria her wife was a big mistake.