Chapter 9

*Kamal Pov*

"This week was so hectic guys." I said, taking my place at our regular table in our favorite restaurant.

"Well, that's why my Dad doesn't stop praising you at all." Pallavi said smiling at me.

"I hope so! I don't want to lose this job when I am planning to bring Mom here. I even selected a flat." I said, thinking about the perfect flat.

"She will not come here until your marriage is over. Speaking of marriage, did you get a chance to have a word with your fiancé? Or is she still at her friend's house?" Rakesh asked sipping his coffee.

"No! And Mom seems to be worried as this is the first time Vani stayed away from the house." I replied leaning back.

"Why are we talking about her? Let's talk about something else important." Pallavi said, shaking her head.

"She is his fiancé and is going to be his wife. What else is more important than that?" Girish asked glaring at her.

"Guys!" I said, frowning at both of them.

"Because she is not his fiancé." Pallavi retorted without giving any heed to my words.

"Why?" Girish asked and I stared at them in shock along with Rakesh and David.

"Because I love him and I will be his real fiancé and wife, but not her." She replied and immediately glanced at all of us before covering her face.

"I didn't want to say that like this at all." She slowly mumbled before staring at me.

"I so knew it." Girish said, grinning at her.

"You love him?" David asked, frowning at her.

"Yes! I don't care about anything else, Kamal. I want to marry you and will you?" she asked, not looking at anyone.

"I am sorry! I never thought you like that and never will." I replied calmly not wanting to hurt her.

"But you never thought about that girl like that too. You don't even know her, but you know me." She said with complete confusion covering her face.

"It is true that I don't know her, but it is also true that I am actually engaged and will never do something which will hurt mom. If she thinks that Vani was best for me, then so be it." I said shrugging.

"You are not saying the same thing before this so-called engagement." She said fuming at me.

"Yes! It was my mistake to not stop it, but you don't know how it will be for my Mom and her parents to get the engagement cancelled and I got used to the idea of her knowing well I don't have a specific reason to cancel it. If I loved someone, then I would have done everything to cancel it, but I don't." I explained.

"You could love me. We are compatible and you wanted your wife to be compatible." She said shaking her head.

"Yes! If you had said before the engagement, then I would have thought about it. Now, it is not possible as I heard Mom thinking about the wedding to be next month." I said sighing.

"I will leave." She abruptly said, standing up and walked away.

"I never expected this." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"Now, how will I face her at the hospital?" I asked them and they all sighed.

"I told you to stay away and you didn't listen." Girish said shrugging.

"Are you sure you don't want to cancel anything with Vani just because of the reason's you told Pallavi?" Rakesh suddenly asked after a few minutes of silence.