Chapter 11

*Vani Pov*

"Take care." I heard someone saying and glanced up from the tray of water glasses to see yet another person from the village leaving the house as the body was taken for burial.

"Vani! Sit down for a second. You are not taking a rest from morning." I heard Mom's voice.

"Mo...m, she is not coming back right?" I asked still staring at the door.

"Shh!" she mumbled hugging me and I closed my eyes still not wanting to accept the truth.

"Listen to me, Vani. What I am asking you is really a hard thing, but it is needed." She suddenly said and I frowned at her.

"Your husband needs you now more than anything, Vani. He already lost his father and now her. We were lucky to spend so much time with her unlike him who was living in a city." She slowly explained and I stilled.

"He needs you now more than anything and I hope you will be there for him. Look at all of us, we are crying non-stop trying to reduce the pain, but it is not that easy for the men." She added seeing my stiffness.

"I know, mom. I will take care of him." I said, assuring her and walked away to give some water for remaining people.

It was easier to say than to do something. That's what I realized after two days. I don't even know what to tell him and he never waited for me to say something.

At least, he is always with his friends who is taking care of him and I in turn doing everything to make their stay nice.

We all are still sleeping on the floor in the living room at the same places and I don't know the reason for it. Maybe we all are trying to turn over the tie and feel that this is not at all true.

"It will be good for you if you continue your work, Kamal. Your patients need you, and it will take your concentration from all this." Suddenly David suggested when I started serving them dinner.

"He is right! We all will still be there and everything will slowly settle. I am not blaming the people here, but each time we saw them they just start talking about her demise. I know, you are not able to bear it if we stay here any longer." Rakesh mumbled.

"You will come with us, right? Or will you stay here for some more time?" Suprisingly the question is directed towards me by Girish.

"I will come." I slowly replied, glancing at Kamal.

"Ok! Why don't we pack our clothes and leave early in the morning?" Kamal asked each one of them.

"I will stay at my parents house for this night." I mumbled after arranging their beds and walked away after they nodded.

"It is for the best." Dad said when I explained him what is going on.

"We will miss you, but try to contact us as much as you can." Mom mumbled and I nodded before laying my head on her lap.

After dad walked outside the room, I calmly asked "Will I be able to get adjusted to the city life?"

"You will, Vani. And if you need anything, then just ask Kamal." She said, assuring me.

"Ok!" I mumbled before drifting off into sleep.

"Are you fine?" Rakesh asked when I sat quietly on the bus.

"Yeah!" I replied, glancing outside still fearing about living in a city.

I stayed for a few days at Satvi Di's house for many days but never like this. I always know I would have to settle wherever Kamal wants to settle but then I had a confidence that Aunty will be there and Kamal will be also.