Chapter 7

---Scottie's POV---

I didn't like being inside, at least not inside this house. Almost everyone was shooting glances at me and shuffling in their seat as I produced a low, annoyed sound, warning them to stay were they were.

I didn't mind when Ezra softly set me down on the table in front of a middle-aged man but I flattened my ears as said man instantly started to poke and prod at me. With a low meow, I pawed at his questing fingers and hissed, giving him a warning look.

He only chuckled and shook his head slightly before turning around, as he started ruffling through the contents of a brown bag. "Ezra, can you scruff him for a moment? After what you've told me, I'm certain that this little shot won't bring him any harm." He sat back up, flicking his nails gently against a syringe.

No way are you going to- HEY!

I hissed sharply as a hand grabbed my scruff and hold on tightly as I tried to shuffle away. Truthfully, I couldn't do much with my painful legs that refused to cooperate but I hated needles with a passion!

"Just give him the shot Max, he's already stressing out." Ezra's voice rumbled overhead before I felt my front paw being tugged forwards. Pulling it back, I meowed and flicked my tail against the table with an audible thump. Even the cat I shared this body with was growing annoyed.

Ezra's hands moved and suddenly I felt the sharp bite of the needle in my scruff before they both removed their hands. "Give him about ten minutes, maybe half an hour before his wounds are healed. I cut the dose in half since he isn't a werewolf but it should do the trick." The man, Max muttered as he cleaned the table while Ezra picked me up again.

"After that, we can try and bond with the cat to see if our suspicion is right. Who knows, it might know something of the ritual it was in." He added, which automatically drew all eyes on me.

As soon as I was released, I hissed, pawing at the hands trying to pick me up until the cat finally had enough and unsheathed its claws.

"Ow! Damn that hurts!" Max exclaimed, sucking at the inside of his thumb. Three bright marks spread over his hand, two more crossing his thumb from where I had clawed at him. I just let out another hiss, flattening myself as my hairs stood upright.

Don't touch me.

Licking my lips, I glanced to the sides to look for a way out, only to mewl as I was scruffed once again and picked up. Pressed against a solid chest, my claws hooked behind the soft fabric as I was held gently, yet firmly.

"Let's put him in a room to calm down, all the people and scents here are making him nervous." Ezra's voice rumbled under my paws before I was moved and gently deposited on a carpet.

The sensation was new under my paws, distracting me for a moment. My hips shivered before my body drooped down, still unable to stand on my legs. Speaking of legs, they were stinging slightly, as if I had overexerted myself. Must've been whatever they injected me with.

Ezra made a little swishy sound but I mentally scoffed, simply turned my tail at him. Hoisting me around, stabbing me with needles and now locking me up? What is this place?

My whiskers twitched as I sniffed, several scents flooding my nose at once. The thick scent of the wolves was almost pungently strong, making my nose twitch and curl.

I sneezed.

"Yeah, its strong but you'll get used to it." Ezra chuckled, his hand sifting through my fur as he petted my back. After a few minutes, he gave me a gentle pat and sighed. "Stay put, I need to talk with Max for a moment."