AUTHOR'S NOTE

I love books and I love bookstores. So naturally, I wrote a novel involving the two. It took me a while to come to Wattpad, but I finally did based on the insistence of a good friend of mine. A community of readers who adore books, constantly on the lookout for their new favorite book; how could I resist? That reminds me much of myself in real life - constantly wandering the aisles of my neighborhood's bookstore, hoping to find a new book to fall in love with. You'll soon notice that's what brings the two characters in this story together. A love of books; a yearning for a story to spring to life from its pages. How wondrous.

The two characters in The Book Nook are far and away my two most favorite characters I've ever written. I've considered putting the writing of this book on hold so many times over the last couple years, attempting several times even to put it down entirely!

But something about it kept calling me back.

The characters, their mystery, their realness and genuineness, how they seemed to be telling much bigger of a story than at first is let on. At first this story seemed incredibly simple; a boy meets a girl in a bookstore and takes a liking to her. Pretty straight-forward and plain, right? But this story evolved and evolved, becoming something so much bigger and bolder and heartbreaking and heartwarming than I had ever dreamed it would. I'm proud that I've stuck with these characters; watched their hopes and dreams jump off the pages, seen their personalities shape and form right before my eyes.

I remember the moment the realization hit me: that I was no longer writing a simple story about a boy meeting a girl in a bookstore.

Let me take you to the little bookstore where this story all started. Come, let me show you around.

- Brendan

All Rights Reserved

Copyright: 'The Book Nook' including all chapter, prologues, epilogues, and associated content is COPYRIGHTED. All rights reserved by the owner and creator of this work, Brendan Olenick and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution, or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of copyright is punishable by law.