6

Pierre shuffled after Ukyo nervously, holding onto the back of his shirt firmly as the blond led him into a large living room space where around ten people were already seated.

He peeked around the suit-clad man to see Wataru who squealed in excitement.

"Pierre!" The small boy yelled, getting to his feet and racing over to Pierre, jumping onto him excitedly.

Pierre yelped lightly, nearly falling back from the weight of a very excited, and very pastel colored pink, Wataru who clung to him like glue.

"Wataru-" Pierre started, his voice hoarse before he clamped his mouth shut, catching the small diamond that had almost fallen from his lips.

Wataru looked up at him, his brown eyes widening in surprise.

"You.." The small boy whispered, a large grin coming onto his face.

"You said my name! Did you guys hear it?! He said my name!!" Wataru exclaimed excitedly, jumping off of Pierre and running to Masaomi, chattering excitedly as Pierre covered his mouth, feeling his throat tighten in fear.

"You.. Talked?" Ukyo asked, his eyes widening, "why don't you-" Pierre didn't let him finish his sentence, he scrambled away, running as fast as he could to the stairwell, not caring for the yells of panic from Masaomi and the shocked cries from Wataru.

He ran faster as he heard a tirade of footsteps following him, and raced down a hall, blindly wrenching open a door in his panic.

He slammed the door behind him, locking it firmly and pressing his hands against it, huffing for air for a few moments.

He sighed in relief, his knees trembling as he sunk to them, resting his forehead against the door and closing his eyes.

"Ah? What's this? A little kitten has come to me?" Pierre stiffened up, turning as a hand rested on his shoulder only to see-

"My, my, you really have not been a very good brother, have you? Running like that... Why, it might make someone..."

Pierre gasped as the man, now identified as Kaname, leaned in, his golden blonde hair tickling at Pierre's cheeks so all the smaller teen could smell was Kaname, both his natural scent and a sort of rose smell that wafted off of him.

"Angry." Kaname ended, grinning slyly at the sort of dazed look in Pierre's eyes.

"You like that smell?" The brother murmured, his hand coming up and gently petting Pierre's hair.

Pierre leaned into it, moaning a little, not caring as a small opal dropped from his lips, landing clumsily on the ground.

"I knew it." Kaname whispered, picking up the stone and holding it up in front of him.

"You have Gem Speak, don't you?" He asked, his golden eyes made something in Pierre's chest give a tugging sensation, and he nodded slowly, swallowing thickly.

"G... Gem Speak.." Pierre slurred, giving a small contented sigh as his eyelids fluttered.

As he swayed forward into Kaname's chest, the last bit of words he heard before his consciousness faded made his heart jump.

"I'll protect you, little brother."