Alpha King Is Coming?

Punch
Kick
Kick
Punch
Punch
Block
Punch
Kick

I send a final blow to Jake's face and he falls out cold to the ground. I roll my eyes and pick him up with his arm around my shoulder and my hand on his waist, dragging him into the pack house and dropping him on the couch.

I hear a chuckle and I see my older brother Jason standing there with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. I raise my eyebrow, "What?"

He smiles and shakes his head. "You really gotta stop knocking my Beta out, it's hurting his limited brain cells."

I laugh and pat the top of Jake's head gentlely. "Not my fault he keeps coming back for more," I joke.

Jason shakes his head with a smile. "Come on. Let's go to the office. I need to talk to you," He says. Without question, I follow him down the hall and to his office. He closes the door and stands while I sit on his desk. "Jay?" he says, using my nickname. I hummed in response. "The Alpha King is coming tomorrow."

I snap my head up and look into his bright green eyes. Jason and I look alike but he looks more like our mom while I look like our dad. While Jason has bright green eyes, mine are blue. He has rich brown hair while I have midnight black hair.

"What?" I growl lowly.

Jason sighs and runs his hands over his face. "I just got a call from the Royal Beta saying that they are coming to visit the pack. With us being the strongest pack, we have no choice but to deal with these responsibilities," He informs me, looking stressed out.

I sigh and go up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I know, Jace, I know. I'm sorry, but from the stories people tell about him...I just don't know how safe it is with them being here," I say.
He gives me a sad smile, as though he might know something I don't. "Don't lie to me, Jade. I'm your brother and I know when you aren't telling the truth."

I swallow and look into his eyes...he looks so much like mom. "You blame them, Jade. I know you do," He pushes. I blink a few times to fight back the stinging tears that are shoving their way to the surface. "I know you think that if the Royals had protected their kingdom better that they would still be here," Jason says.

I blink back the tears again. I haven't cried in three years, I've just tried to block everything out. His hands grip my shoulders and squeeze, making me look at him. "They died for us, Jade. They died protecting their pack. It was the rouges, not the Royals, who took our parents from us. I was so angry, Jade, but I realized that there wasn't a better way for them to go. They died proud heroes and we are here to follow in their steps. They loved us, Jade, and their sacrifice was for us." I clench my jaw and shake my head, trying to get a grip on my emotions. Jason squeezes my shoulders again, bringing my attention back to his eyes. "Stop keeping everything inside. You haven't cried since that night and your smiles are fake unless you are with me. I'm here for you and you don't always have to be strong," He tells me, unshed tears glistening his eyes.

Tears refill my eyes and my brother pulls me into a tight hug. I hug him back tighter, hoping that somehow I can hold what remains of my family together. The tears just fall and I don't even get a chance to stop them because once they start falling, they don't seem to stop.

I cry until I have no more tears left and Jason hugs me close to him the whole time. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and walks me to my room. I lay on my bed and climb under the covers. Jason kisses my forehead, "Go to sleep, I'll get you in the morning. Love you, Jade." I close my eyes, "Me too," I mumble as I feel myself begin to fall asleep.

I hear his footsteps walk away and my door closes. I sigh and roll over. I fall asleep with one thought on my mind.

'I still hate them...'