Making It Up To You

I sigh as the light from the window blinds me, waking me up in the process. I groan and roll over, pressing my face into a pillow. "Good morning, grumpy." A voice chuckles. I slowly pick my head up and glance to my left to see Ryder standing there running a hand through his wet hair.

I raise an eyebrow before I drop my face back to the pillow. Ryder laughs at me and I hear him pad his way across the room towards me. The bed dips down under his weight as he sits next to me. It's quiet for a second until I feel a large hand placed on the curve of my back. The hand moves up and down my back, "Jade." Ryder calls out softly.

"Hmm." I hum into the pillow. "Get up baby." Ryder tells me. I groan softly and roll over, Ryder doesn't move his hand so now it rest on my stomach. I look up at him before I cover my eyes with my arm, blocking the blinding light from my poor sensitive eyes. "Why should I?" I grumble out.

My tank top had ridden up while I slept which explains why Ryder starts running his fingers along the bare skin of my stomach. "Because," Ryder sighs, "you're right." I lift my arm to look at him and raise my eyebrows, "How did those words taste coming out of your mouth?" I ask teasingly. Ryder's lips twitch into a small smile, "Like vinegar." I let out a tired chuckle, "As fun as hearing you say I'm right is, mind telling me what I'm right about?" I ask.

I finally sit up slowly and stretch my arms behind my back. Ryder's hand now rests on my thigh, tracing the outline of my tattoo. Ryder looks up at me, "You're right that I haven't been spending any time with you and that I'm always working. I am missing you just as much as you are missing me, most likely more. So...I thought that I could make it up to you." Ryder tells me and then shrugs his shoulders at the end.

I smirk slightly and get on all fours, crawling over to him. When I reach him I sit back on my heels and wrap my arms around his neck while my fingers run through the hair on the back on his neck. "Is that so?" I ask him. Ryder's arms move up to slide around my waist and pull me to him, "Yes it is." I nod and a small smile graces my face, "And how do you have planned to do that?" I ask and tilt my head to the side.

Ryder lets out a chuckle, "Now where would be the fun in telling you?" he laughs. I pout my lips and he shakes his head with a soft laugh. Ryder leans forward and pecks my lips, "Go get ready love." I sigh and let my head fall backwards, "How am I supposed to get ready if I don't know where we're going?" I ask with a tiny groan.

I look back at him and he smiles, "Just wear something casual, you look beautiful in anything anyways." he says. I roll my eyes and scoff, "That was such a guy thing to say." I say and move myself off the bed. Ryder grabs my wrist and pulls me back to him, hugging me to his body while he sits on the bed and I'm standing in front of him. I raise an eyebrow, "You know, this whole getting ready thing involves you letting go of me."

Ryder nods, "Tough decisions." I roll my eyes and pull away from him, "You wanted me to get ready, so that Mi Amor is what I am going to do." I say and walk to the closet. I grab a dark gray strappy sweetheart tight crop top and a pair of light pink shorts. I pick out a pastel pink bra and matching panties then go to the bathroom.

I do my business in the shower and such then start on my hair and makeup. I curl the ends of my hair into large, soft curls and then I did a light gray smokey eye with some light pink lipstick along with eyeliner and mascara.

After I finish, I walk out to the bedroom to see Ryder not in there. I shrug and go to the closet. I bend down and slip on my gray converse. I stand up straight again and feel hands on my hips and a face being put into my neck. I look straight ahead at the mirror that takes up a full wall.

Ryder has his hands on my hips and his face tucked into the crook of my neck. He was changed into a white crew nick, a gray flannel, black jeans, and black timberlines. I could also feel the cool metal of his dog tag seeping through my thin shirt. I smile softly at our reflection and pull out my phone that I had grabbed after I got out of the bathroom.