Chapter 1: My Happy Ending

Synopsis: What if Bella and Edward never made it to Bella's eighteenth birthday party? A trap was set, a vampire from their pasts decides it's the right time to take her blood back. An eye for an eye, so to say. But what about what is left behind? Can Bella find herself and learn how to live again?

(Starts on Bella's 18th birthday)

P.S. The first chapters (and probably also some in the progress) might include parts from New Moon or Eclipse. I do not own these parts and I want no credit for them, they are Stephenie Meyer's work. They are in bold letters and I ask no credit for them.

The story begins a little before the end of New Moon's first chapter, as Edward and Bella drive to the Cullen residence for Bella's birthday party. You may find the chapter online in Stephenie Meyer's website, but I will post the last part of the dialogue for your convinience:

"So, if you won't let me get you the Audi, isn't there anything that you'd like for your birthday?"

The words came out in a whisper. "You know what I want."

A deep frown carved creases into his marble forehead. He obviously wished he'd stuck to the subject of Rosalie.

It felt like we'd had this argument a lot today.

"Not tonight, Bella. Please."

"Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want."

Edward growled–a deep, menacing sound. "This isn't going to be your last birthday, Bella," he vowed.

"That's not fair!"

I thought I heard his teeth clench together.

Chapter 1: My 'Happy' Ending

"You!" Edward growled.

"Hello, Edward, I missed you too," she purred playfully, but hiding a threat behind the supposedly happy voice.

"What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I came to take revenge!"

These words caused me such terror and I knew I had to do something. He was in danger! I fought with my seatbelt desperate to go to him. Victoria's lethal look pinned on my terrified one and like the day on the baseball field, her eyes glistened with vengeance.

"Bella, don't get out of the car!" he commanded me.

"Yeah, little human, let me play with your boyfriend first. Don't worry, you're next." She laughed a blood-chilling laugh. It echoed through the trees of the cold forest but we were too far from Forks for someone to hear. After all, what would be the point even if they heard? No matter how many humans would come, Victoria is a powerful vampire. Last March, her mate, James, almost killed me but Edward's family came just in time and killed James. We thought Victoria had run away but it seemed that she was still seeking revenge.

Suddenly she jumped forward trying to attack Edward, but he was too fast; she was definitely no match for him.

"Leave, Victoria," Edward hissed. "You have no right to be here."

"Oh, you're wrong there. I do. I came here and I won't leave with empty hands."

"What would a vampire like you want in Forks?" he asked. Victoria had already answered but Edward was trying to gain time. Maybe hoping Alice would have a vision of what was happening.