Chapter 7: Return

Author's Note: I gotta admit this is the longest chapter I've written for Lost Sun so far. I bet Wendy's (my beta) praying there won't be one which will surpass it. *giggles* So, some Jason, some Alice, some Jasper, some Charlie and lots of words! *laughs* Word count really hates me right now. I just come back with more each time! Anyhoo... Let's see... Bella finally tries to face her recent fear for water and get over with it once and for all... Did she make it? Well... *looks away* Go ahead and read. And... Oh, there's some interesting dinner at Charlie's with some good friends! Guess who's showing up! Finally!!!!!

Chapter 7: Return

The flight back wasn’t easy for Renee. She had spent half of it in the toilet. Right now Alice and Jasper were out for their night hunt and Renee was resting. I was in the bathroom in front of the mirror trying to figure out how I was going to tell Jason the news.

I took a deep breath and looked bravely at my reflection. “Jason, I have something to tell you. I’m returning to Forks.”

Ugh! No, no, no! That’s not right!

I paced back and forth for a while and soon I realized that I was back in my room. I didn’t have a lot of packing to do. Most clothes I had brought with me were really light, summer clothes, nothing that I could wear at this season in Forks. The only pieces of clothing I took with me were two pairs of my favorite jeans, my coat – which I didn’t know why I brought here in the first place – and some shirts. After all I expected Alice to have a full new set of clothes for me back in Forks… nightmare. I picked up my scrapbook and after stroking the cover gently I put it in my backpack. My books and the CD player too.

“Bella?”

“Hey, mom. Thought you were sleeping.” She looked like she was. Her hair was messy and pointing in different about twenty different directions, her eyes were half closing because of the light in the room and her cheek had lines from the pillow.

“I was…” Yawn. “But I got hungry. I’m going to make a sandwich. Do you want me to make you one?”

“Nah, thanks, I’m not hungry.”

“Where are Alice and Jasper? They weren’t in the living room,” she said trying to put an order in her hair.

“They went out for a while. To take a walk.”

“Need any help packing? I want to help, I told you that I would…” She walked closer to the bed where I was standing

“Mom, it’s okay, I’m done anyway.” 

We went in the kitchen and I made her sit and fixed her two sandwiches. She was protesting all the way and wanted to do them on her own. I sat next to her. Phil hadn’t returned yet, his flight was coming tomorrow. I’d wait for him to come back. I wanted to say goodbye.

“So what’s left to do, pumpkin?” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at the sound of ‘pumpkin’ and drank some water.