Angel

An angel? That made no sense? Dean turned to Charlie as she peered into her own tea cup. He read the meaning of an angel for the third time;Good news, protection, love.

"I think I did something wrong." He admitted.

"You can't mess up tea leaves." Charlie laughed taking his cup and handing him her own.

"You must have." Dean said trying to decipher some sort of message in her cup. It just looked like piles of smudged crap.

"I see an Angel in yours." Charlie grinned suggestively.

"Are you going to declare your undying love to me?"

"Who told you?" She said giggling.

"Love doesn't come easily." Ms. Trelawney said startling both of them, she gracefully pulled the cup from Charlie's hands and began one of her "grief spells" (as Charlie and Dean liked to call them). She grabbed the attention of the classroom as she wailed about Dean's awful destiny.

----

Dean woke up to Castiel peering at him, he quickly turned back to his book.

"I was just about to wake you." Castiel murmured, suddenly immersed in his studies. Dean tried to ignore a warmth in his stomach as he stretched. He cursed himself for falling asleep on Cas reading...again.

"Sorry, how long was I out for?" Dean looked around sheepishly, not wanting to catch Castiel's eye.

"Not long."

"How long is not long?"

Castiel shrugged.

Dean realized that sleeping on him probably wasn't the best way to show his gratitude. He couldn't help it, Castiel's voice was so....soft and smooth. The perfect remedy to his sleep deprivation.

"S-sorry, Cas, I just haven't been-"He stopped short when he saw Castiel get tense. Dean could pick each of these moments out. It was almost as if Cas visibly shrank, his shoulders looked ridged and his jaw would lock. Only for a second, Dean would sometimes question whether he saw it. "What?" Dean asked hating the way he wanted to reach out and sooth him.

"Nothing."

"What was it?" Dean said scanning the library, had he see someone?

"Y-You called me Cas." Dean turned to Cas with waves in his stomach.

"I did." He said grinning, "You like it? Made it up myself." Of course he didn't make it up but he was trying to change the mood before his face caught fire.

"We'll be late for dinner." Cas said closing his book with a grin. Dean loved to see Cas smile, he didn't do it enough. And every time Cas did, Dean wanted to make it happened again, he just wasn't sure why.