13

lunar eclipses was the only time i ventured out at night, before i met you. 

the stars seemed to make the sky a whole lot brighter.

the night of the luna eclipse was the second time i saw you. a tribal like sweater flowed around your ankles, flattering your grey dress that fell just at the tips of your combat boots. your head was tilted upwards, golden hair flowing down your back as your eyes raked over the sky. you lay across the hood of your car monitoring the sky from the usually empty parking lot.

you heard my footsteps before you saw me, i remember that.

your head tilted a little closer in my direction, waiting for the sound of the thudding sounds of my footsteps along the asphalt.

i lent against your car and we simply started exchanging words.

for you it was that simple, no questions asked.

"wyatt"

"enda" you responded in you melodic voice you adored, the gravelly exchange you had on the tips of your words made your head spin. when you told me about your love for your own voice i found it strange, but i guess it was nicer to hear your own voice rather than the one in your head.

"watching the eclipse ?"

"mmm, you?"

"yes"

"do you find it funny wyatt, that luna and the word lunatic are so alike?" i could see the glow of your smile in the moonlight.

"yes, well no"

"it's nice to here someone not agree with me for once, being honest it's nice"

"thankyou"

"i dont think it's funny, it's strange since they say that when the moon is full that is when the most bizarre things happen, but i guess you proved me wrong now didn't you -"

"wyatt" i answered filling in the pause.

"wyatt, me and you. us meeting it is quite bizarre don't you think?"

"yes"

"i think so too" you turned you head away from the sky fully now to watch me, your cheeks flushed from the cold air but i didn't offer you my jacket, i knew you wouldn't take it anyway.

we made so many memories.

wyatt