Self Taught

Castiel sighed heavily and pushed off his bed. He couldn't seem to calm the raging fire inside himself, the one that'd been lit since he'd turned human. He was an angel again, of course, but the burn had continued. What kind of sick being was his father, putting a perfect soul on Earth and making everyone swoon over it, only to realize that same soul had to choose everyone back. Subconsciously, Castiel pushed his wings down into their folded position. He opened the door to the hall, following the sizzling that could only be from one of his housemates cooking.

"Hello, Sam." Castiel sat down at the small kitchen table, watching the youngest Winchester fry something in a pan. "What are you making?"

Sam pulled a cheese slice out of the fridge. "A burger, to cure Dean's hangover." He laid the cheese over the burger and set the lid down. He sat with Castiel.

"Dean drinks too much," Castiel stated.

Sighing, Sam nodded. "It's his way of dealing."

Of course, Castiel knew that. It wasn't a secret that Dean had demons that might have become invisible only after a drinking binge. What Castiel couldn't have known, though, was that there wasn't just demons in Dean's head those days.

Sam cleared his throat, jerking Castiel out of his thoughts. "I read something today." He looked to the angel for a reaction, and received a blank, waiting stare. "I read something about angels," he emphasized. "I was looking through the lore earlier. I didn't want to ask you the question Dean's been asking all the time. So, I looked it up myself," he paused, seeing Castiel barely concealing his anger. "Your wings come open around Dean because you want to..." The look in Castiel's eyes made him trail off.

"It's true," Castiel told him through gritted teeth. "I am... attracted... to Dean." His voice turned dark. "Samuel Winchester, if you say a single word to Dean I will make sure no other woman sleeps with you until I perish."

The ferocity in Castiel's eyes burned, and Sam quickly raised his hands in defense. "Got it," he agreed.