7 | Bubbly

AFTER waking up, Jessica groaned at the thought of having to start her day

She wished she could just be a bum, lay in bed all day, binge watch Homicide Hunter, and eat food all day but she couldn't. She had to be responsible. Throwing the heavy duvet off her pale legs, Jess lazily swung them off the edge of the bed. She got up and dressed.

Before she could do anything else, she noticed her balcony doors were closed. She clearly remembered leaving them open. She opened the large white distressed doors to find an object resting on her little table that was for decoration.

Emergencies

-Batman

It was a small touch screen phone that looked like it could be a flip phone from 2005. She furrowed her brows while walking back inside her room.

A red Jeep awaited her, ready to take her to her destination. She tossed her purse onto the passenger seat and drove off to the supermarket to get some groceries. When she got to the grocery store, she browsed the isles, enjoying her time out. She remembered what it was like to feel at peace, then again, something usually popped up when she was happy.

So, the rest of her grocery shopping was filled with endless thoughts of what if's. She began to load up her things onto the conveyor belt, watching the cashier scan the food items. "Okay, 167.50." The lady spoke. "Cash or card."

"Card." Jess said while grabbing her wallet from her purse. She swiped her card at the machine, loaded up her bags into the cart, and bid everyone a good day.

On her way back to her car, Jessica noticed a woman and her child begging for money. She stopped rolling her cart as her eyes locked on the small child. As she began digging in her bag for her wallet, she paused, seeing some snacks she was going to give the kids she babysits at times. Knowing the mother and her child need it more, she grabbed two or three bags with food and bottles of water before grabbing forty dollars.

She wheeled her cart over to them before smiling. "Here."

The mother grabbed the forty dollars with shock on her face. "No, no this is too much."

"This is nothing. You need it more than me." Jess reassured, patting the mother's hand. "Matter-of-fact," She grabbed a hundred from her wallet. "There." The mother stared down at the money in her hands as tears welled up in her eyes.

"But..."

Jess stopped her from talking. "I get paid in a few days. You need to take care of your child."

"You're an angel... no one has given us this much... the world needs more people like you, Salud!"

Jess grabbed the bags of groceries, placing them right next to the little girl who shyly thanked her. Jess pulled down her glasses, giving her a wink with a smile. The little girl's whole face brightened up at the familiarity in Jessica's eyes. With a stutter, she grabbed Jessica's hand. "C-Can I be like y-you?"