EPILOGUE

IN Metropolis State Penitentiary, Lex was relaxing in his new forever home with his freshly shaven head against the heavily guarded cell that he was doomed to live in for the rest of his petulant life

He was contemplating how he was going to escape from the god-awful place. He was one of the greatest minds in all of the world, he knew he could escape.

The clicking of keys caught his attention as he darted his eyes across the room to look at the dark-skinned guard. "Put your head on the wall and your hands behind your back so I can restrain you." Lex sighed and decided to take his sweet time. "Don't make me repeat myself."

Lex quickly stood up, rolling his neck to hear the popping of his vertebrae. He rested his forehead against the brick wall and stood there, waiting for the guard but felt nothing happened. Confused about what was taking so long, he began to notice the lights flicker on and off. What was happening?

Lex slowly turned around to see the Dark Knight standing at the entrance of his cell. Oh shit, he was about to meet his maker. "Wherever you go, whatever you do, no matter the day." Bruce pushed Lex to the wall. "I'll be watching you!" He spat, pinning the Luthor to the wall. He held up his bat brander in his fist tightly, the metal sizzling loudly from how close it was to Lex's ears.

Lex gave a short snort. "The god is dead; all I need is the goddess..." Batman squeezed the brander tighter. "I'm already insane," He chuckled. "You can't stop the ringing of church bells." He smirked slowly, meeting the bat's gaze.

Bruce smirked smugly, two can play that game. "Don't worry, I've arranged for you to be sent to Arkham Asylum where the best people will be able to help you." The smirk that Lex held dropped in the realization that he was going to be sent to the shithole. Oh, the quick bliss that Bruce felt.

"You can't change what happened, no one can." Lex spat with narrowed eyes. Batman's eyes grew wide with anger, he loaded his arm back and hit the wall with the brander. Lex threw his arms over his head to protect himself.

When he felt nothing, no pain, heard no sizzling of skin, he opened his eyes to see an engraving of the bat symbol on the wall as a reminder. He's always watching.

Bruce disappeared after the lights flickered back on and off again. A loud buzzing sound indicated that the gates were closing causing Lex to try and run for it but he was too late.

The psychopath grabbed onto the metal bars then started to yell frantically, snot dripping down his nose. "I will get her! I will ring the bells and make her insane!" He screamed. "But a bell cannot be unrung! He's hungry. He's found us. And he's coming! You'll see!" Lex felt the grip he had on the cars loosen. "Ring, ring, ring, ring..." He repeated over and over again, because somewhere, in that twisted little brain of his. He knew exactly what was coming.