Blue and Green 2

Ch.2

In the middle of the night I feel pie move beside me which is weird because she's like stone in her sleep. She won't move or wake up without me waking her up.

Slowly I open my eyes and blink a few times to get the sleepiness away. I look to my right side where Pie sleeps to see she's not there. I sit up and look around the small room for her.

I rub my eyes to try and get the last bit of sleep away. Now that I can see clearer I look around the room again. The fire has gone out leaving smoke behind. The only light is from the lopsided window on the wall to my left. With the little light I can see pie over by the wood door that I poorly built.

I slowly crawled over by her and now that I'm close I can see the outline of her body. As I look closely in the dark I can see she's looking out through the bottom of the door.

"What are you looking at?" I ask her in a whisper.

She just turns and look at me then goes back to looking under the door. I get close and try to look under the door. But I can't because the door is to close the ground. So, I got up and with a stretch and went to the window. I can see in the nights darkness with only the help of the moon to help light it up. In the darkness of the trees it looked like something went by them. I looked harder and realize more than one thing is out there and they were starting to surround the house. When they all stopped moving everything goes quiet again. I move as quick and quiet as I can towards pie and pick her up. I hold her to my chest and wait.

It seemed like hours just standing there waiting when it may have only been around ten minutes. The shadows in the dark of the forest were still there waiting just like me. I move back to the fur bed with pie but the floor squeaks under my feet.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath.

I stay as still as I can but I know that the shadows must have already heard it. What happened next surprised me to the moon a back. It happened out of nowhere and scared me like crazy. A few knocks sounded at the door then it went back to being quiet.

After another five minutes I hear muffled talking on the other side on the door. I hear another few knocks but these were different they held power and made me and pie squeak in surprise.

"I know someone's in there open the door or I'll open it myself." A very deep male voice said on the other side of the door, other voices talked together for a few seconds. "We'll back up from the door so you can come out but you have only one minutes until we come in there." He said in a loud voice.

I guess they reasoned with him. Thank you whoever you are because he did not sound to happy.

".....Umm....o-ok." I stutter out, still very scared.

They must have heard me because after I said that their footsteps started to sound further away (I didn't even hear them come to the door). After a few seconds of quiet I take that as my 'ok' to come out.

But before I opened the door thoughts run through my mind.

'What if they try to trick and take me then don't let me go? What if their hunters and have seen me shift? Are they hear to hunt and kill me? There's so many things they could do. I'm not very strong so they will have no problem handling me.' Then I try to make myself feel better. 'Well if that happens in then I'll just shift into a tiger or bird and get away after I put pie down. I really didn't mean this when I said I hoped someone would find me.' And with that thought I opened the door.

Outside was still dark and the moon still full and lighting up the night sky. The wind is calm and cool, every other day critter is asleep and the night critters are up looking for their midnight snack. A new scent hits my nose and it smelled like the forest after it rains. I look towards the scent to see a man with black-brown hair that goes to his ears, black eyes, about 6"10", with a very scary power coming from him. He's only wearing jeans, no shirt, and no shoes so his muscles stand out in the moon light. His face shows a lot of worry lines so he must do a lot of work that has to be close to perfect.