Blue and Green 4

((Pic of Pie!!))

Ch.4

Ravens pov.

'They want to know things about me. I told them I don't remember did they think I was lying to them? I hope not, I want to know as much as they do. If I could remember I would tell them....I really would. What could I tell them that might help me. Nothing really, I wish I could remember something.' I thought.

As we sat on the couch in Marks office it got quite after Mark asked me that question. It felt as if the world had gone mute all around us. I looked at my hands in my lap, then started to play with the end of my skin-fur skirt. After another five minutes of no sound I look up. I wish I hadn't.

Marks black eyes and Chris's perfect green eyes are looking at me. I look between them a few times then put my head back down. I feel a spark shoot up my knee and look over to see a hand on it. I follow the hand up a well-toned arm. That led to a nice sized shoulder, and up a little more was a neck that was looking so smooth I wanted to touch it. I look higher to see a pair of soft looking pink lips. Right above those was the green eyes that has my heart beating at 3x its rate.

'They look so wonderful I feel like I could get lost in them. I don't know how or why I feel this way. Or why sparks go off when we touch. But I know I don't hate it. I don't understand it but I don't hate it.' I thought to myself.

I snap my eyes away from his before I get trapped in them. I look back towards Mark and take a deep breath to get ready to talk.

"I....umm.....I woke up in the forest three uh years ago." I started off with thankfully without stuttering out my words. "I don't remember things about my past or anything." I say as I look back down at my lap. "I think I'm eighteen years old. I knew my name from a necklace that was with me, the only thing, so I thought it was my name." I told them as I reached into a little pocket I had made on my skin-fur skirt.

It was gold but from the years of wearing it, it turned out a dull gold. I could see silver showing as it still ages. The necklace has my name on it in lovely hand print writing.

I hand it over to Mark. He takes it and looks at it closely. His eyes start squinting to look at something at the edge of it.

"I'll look over it more, may I hold on to it?" Mark asked me looking me in the eyes.

I nodded hoping I found a new source for information about me.

I feel Chris's and move off my knee as he gets up. For some reason again, I get a little sad but brush it off. I look over at him to see he's standing over by the window. He looks very deep in thought about something. He looks over at Mark and again it looks like there talking without words. Mark looks away for a second then looks back to Chris and nods his head at him. I get confused again and I think Chris sees this so he starts talking.

"Raven we need to tell you something ok." I look over at Chris and nod at him.

He bites his bottom lip as if debating over something. I would ask him but I'm too focused, obviously, on his bottom lip that's turning even more pink.

"We're um......we're mates Raven." Chris says to me bringing me out of my thought again.

"Ok. What's a mate?" I asked getting more confused then before.

"Ok umm.....mates are a person's other half. It could be human, or like us werewolf's, or you a shapeshifter, or wit-"

"Wait.....your werewolf's?" I ask cutting Chris off.

"Well.....yeah. Anyway, mates are kind of like soul mates. They are meant for each other in life and death. They are chosen way before their born so there's no control over it. We are soul mates Raven. We are meant for each other. We are meant to sleep together, run together, eat together, even die together. You are my perfect other half Raven. I really hope you understand fully what a mate is now." Chris say to me somehow ending up by his knees in front of me looking into my eyes.

'I think I can understand it now what a mate is. But if that's all true then he won't like me. I'm broken, unsuitable, messed up he doesn't need me. He's so perfect, to be paired with me has to be a disappointment. He doesn't want me, he just feels bad for the boy who can't remember his past. The boy who's lived all alone in the forests. He's so sweet but I can't take him of all people feeling bad for me." I thought to myself as tears swell up in my eyes.

I get up and run out of the office. Once I'm out I run back the way we came. I start to hear Chris's and Marks foot steps behind me as they call my name to come back. I wipe the tears away only for more to come.

I look up while I run to see there's more people around now. I see some turn to look at me while I run and others pay me no mind. I don't care I just keep running.

I soon burst through the front door of the house and shift into my panther form. I head towards the forests and soon I'm running faster and slowly gaining speed.

After running for about two and a half hours the footsteps are gone. I'm sure I past at least two of the houses I build. I finally slow down and stop to look around. I see small animals hurrying to get away from me. I hear birds, the wind, and rushing water. I go towards the sound to see the beautiful waterfall I bath at.

Now I know where I am. I built a house just a little way from here up a small hill. I start walking there while my mind is drifting towards Chris.

Soon I'm there at the house and take a deep breath of relief. The sun is getting ready to set. I guess I spent the whole day with them. I go towards the house and shift back into my human form.

I go inside to look for another skirt to wear since my other one ripped when I shifted. Once I find one I go back out and go towards a log that I dragged hear to sit. I sigh and try to clear my mind. I give up when after five minutes it's still full. I drop my head into my hands and sigh again.

I hear the bushes to my left move. I look up quick and jump up from my spot. I back up in case it's Chris and gets ready to shift, just in case. They move again then pie jumps out from the bushes and sits there looking at me. I take a much-needed deep breath. I walk over to her and pick her up.

"I missed you pie. You would not believe the day I had after I let you go." I told her looking at her in my hands.

She looks at me a little longer then wiggled her little nose at me. I smile at her then pulled her into my chest for a hug I really needed.

"I miss him already pie. And it's only been a few hours. But he won't have missed me at all. He'll be happy and I'll be happy knowing he's happy. It's silly really." I say to her as a fresh new set of tears come and a now sad smile.

With pie in my hands and Chris on my mind a slowly walk back to the house. Once there I walk in and set Pie down. I walk to the middle of the room to start a fire. Then I remember that the smoke leaves through the top of the house. I don't want them to see it and come to check it out.

I walk back over to pie and pick her up again. I walk over to the fur bed by the wall and sit down on it. I set pie down on my right side and she curls up to my side. I pull the bear fur (from a dead bear that I found) over us.

"Goodnight Pie." I say to her but I know she's already asleep.

I sigh. 'Tonight's going to be a cold one.' I thought.

A quick thought of Chris passes my mind but I block it. I really miss him right now. I close my eyes for sleep only for it to never come.