Chapter 23

Ryan was more than happy at how his day had ended. He had started it with the intent of a heated kiss with Skylar only to be rejected, spent the day alone, enjoyed a delayed but heated kiss with Skylar during the party and then got a hell of a lot more than that from Nikita after the party. Even if he did say so himself, he had done pretty well. So Skylar didn’t want him, he’d found someone better who wasn’t a little miss goody two shoes who would need constant attention and lots of loving care but someone who was willing to be a one night stand once in a while. Someone whose only interest was getting her rocks off. The minute she had gone up the stairs and he had dropped her folders, he knew what he wanted. And it wasn’t coffee. He made his way up to her room, distinguishing it from the others from the overhead light that was on, finding Nikita standing in her room half naked with only her panties left on and it was all too convenient for him. He switched off the light, hearing a shocked squeak from Nikita as it left her in darkness but when she turned to make her way across to the switch, all she found was Ryan standing in front of her. He wasted no time in kissing her heatedly, slipping off the last piece of her clothing when she responded to his kiss. Within a minute she was undressing him and he was backing her over to her bed, having navigated his moves in the unfamiliar room in his head before turning out the light. They stayed in bed for the next hour, trying anything and everything he wanted and when he found out in a shy admission that Nikita had a boyfriend, he couldn’t help but be happy and know that she would do anything he wanted from then on. All he had to do was turn on the sexual chemistry and get her panting until she would agree to anything he asked of her.

But Ryan still had no interest in a relationship. Fully exhausted from their hour of fun and the long day he’d had, he reluctantly let Nikita snuggle into him and took a nap, for no more than an hour, before he would decide to take his leave. He hoped that by that time she would be fast asleep and he could sneak out without causing a scene then if she questioned him in the morning or whenever he chose to get back in touch with her, he could just claim that her brother came home and he skipped out so he didn’t get her in trouble. For a naïve girl like Nikita, it was the perfect excuse, and it was his phone that woke him with a quiet beep that only he heard, saying he had a message. When he saw that he’d been out for just about an hour, he decided to get dressed first and make his escape before checking his text. He was still silently hoping that Skylar had changed her mind and wanted some action but as he snuck out the house, using the key Nikita had let them in with, locking the door behind him before mailing it back through the post box, he was disappointed to find it was only Devin, wondering where he’d disappeared to. The last person he was in the mood to talk to was his brother so he lied and said he’d gone for a walk and nipped off for a fish supper with a few of the boys he knew out with campus to catch up with them, which would keep him satisfied enough to not bother him again.

Ryan attempted to call Skylar, having got her phone number off Niles, rather sneakily, having insisted it was to keep in touch with her so that he could keep her safe…then again that was before he had kissed her, the first time, but still he gave it a shot. He doubted she would change her number at any point, just because of him and wasn’t surprised when her voice asked to take a message. He decided to leave her a cheeky little memento before pocketing his phone and sauntering back to the fraternity house, having to sneak in to avoid the partygoers as he made his way up to his room. He got himself into the shower and then into his bed ten minutes later, leaving his phone on in case Skylar got back to him and went off to sleep, dreaming of Skylar. He wasn’t sure why she was so much of an attraction for him, she was too sweet, too innocent and too needy for him to bother with but for some reason he couldn’t get her out of his head. Even as he dreamt, she took over his thoughts, his dreams…he imagined her sneaking into his room in a little silk negligee, crawling over the bed towards him and kissing him the way he longed to kiss her. With some real passion and heat. He imagined them making love and, worst of all, watching her sleep for hours, just adoring her.