•TWENTY-THREE•

I heard the front door slam shut and I looked up at Mackenzie who looked shaken too.

"Are you ok?" She asked

"Um, yeah. How about you?" I answered, obviously lying.

"I'm fine, but what was that all about?" She asked.

I explained everything that happened and she looked kind of surprised.

"Sorry for coming here, I just didn't know where else to go." I apologized.

"Don't even worry about it. You know you can always come here."

"Thank you. I think I'm just going to go back home." I said while getting up.

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting hurt, Gabby." I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said while walking to the front door.

"Stay safe, and call if you need me!" She yelled before I walked out of the front door.

-

I pulled up in front of Jack's house, still slightly paranoid about Hayes.

I really hope he's home, I didn't call because I just drove over here, barley able to think.

I feel a sense of security around Jack. He's so impractical and playful, but at the same time can change to serious and protective in a split second.

I walked up to his front door and lightly knocked.

"Coming!" I heard from behind the door and a few seconds later he answered the door in a white shirt and grey sweat pants.

"Hey, Gabby. What's up?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, Jack. I was wondering if I could hang out over here for a while?" I asked, obviously bothered.

"Yeah, of corse. What's going on?" He said while moving aside to let me in.

"Hayes," I walked in past him "he's crazy. It turns out he was stalking me, and when I found that out and broke up with him again he got mad at me, found me at Mackenzie's house, forced himself inside of the house, and attempted to take me back by force, and I guess now I'm just a little paranoid."

"Ugh, I swear if he touches you again, I'm killing that bastard," I heard him mutter to himself "You're welcome to stay here as long as you want." "Really?" "Yeah, I just don't want you getting hurt, but what's the fuck can he actually do? Play his country music so loud that it causes your ears to bleed? He can't do shit. Especially when I'm around."

I started to laugh because Jack always did hate Hayes' taste in music.

"Thanks so much for all of this." I gave him a weak smile.

"It's no problem," he pulled me into a hug "You know I got you."