•FORTY-FIVE•

"Do you think he'll be ok?" I asked Jack who was sitting next to me in the waiting room

"I don't know. All we can really do is hope and pray that he will be." He squeezed my hand.

We're both here at the hospital, sitting in the waiting room with Nate and Jack J. Because Sam got into a car accident this morning. Apparently, his Uber crashed into a traffic light pole.

I rested my hand on Jack's shoulder and tried my best to hold back my tears. I held onto his hand a little tighter and hid my face in his chest so, hopefully, no one would notice.

He kissed the top of my head and caressed the back of my hand with his thumb "I promise, it'll be ok, I promise." He whispered in my ear.

I let out the breath I was holding in and tears came streaming down my face. It's like everyone around me is dying and there's nothing I can do about it.

"Jack?" I muttered

"Hm?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder

"I know you're gonna get really mad at me, but I think I know who did this." I said, barley audible. He let out a sigh and looked down at me

"Alright, can we talk about this later then?" He asked and I nodded my head.

I looked up at Jack who was still looking down at me "What am I gonna do with you?" He pushed a few strands of hair behind my ear

"Send me off somewhere where there are no people." I muttered

"Why?"

"Because, the people around me seem to all be getting hurt."

"That's not true."

"Yes it is."

"Do you know how common car crashes are in Chicago?" I let out a sigh and closed my eyes, not wanting him to see the annoyance in my face. I just stayed silent because I know he's gonna hit me with some other bullshit excuse.

✨✨✨

Y'all, I'm probably not about to update the day after I publish. I have too much going on rn to even attempt that, and I'm even surprised I have time to update, period.