Chapter 2: Sick & Tired

_________

_________

     "Justice! Where you at?"

     "In the kitchen!" I closed the fridge after retrieving what I wanted and walked back over to the stove just as August walked in. He tossed my car keys on the table. "Where'd you go?"

     He's been gone for over an hour.

     "I had to take Travis to the store." He walked up behind me and kissed my neck. He moaned sightly and did it again. "Mm, watchuu cooking?"

     "Gumbo. Here." I held a spoon up for him to taste it and he did. After a few moments, he smiled and leaned in to kiss me but I moved.

     "What?"

     I frowned. "You smell like her."

     He rolled his eyes and moved away from me. "C'mon, don't start that shit, Jus."

     "I'm not starting anything. I just don't want you kissing all up on me after you just finishing kissing all on her." I went back to stirring my food and turned off my pot of rice. "The least you could've did was shower. It's one thing to lie to me about where you been, but it's another to lay up under me after you was just fucking her. And you better not had that bitch in my car 'cause I swear to God—"

     "Aight, Jus, damn! Stop bitchin' all the fucking time!" He ran his hands down his face in aggravation but I didn't care.

     "Stop giving me a reason to!" I shot back as he walked out.

     "That's why we're not together now."

     "Yet you still up in my bed every night. Fuck out my face." I rolled my eyes and turned up the music on my phone but not too loud so I could still hear the baby monitor I had sitting on the counter. Aubri was in the back sleeping.

     August and I broke up when I was about 5 months pregnant with Aubri. I was trying to fully commit to our daughter and he was trying to commit to these hoes. It wasn't the first time Aug cheated on me but this time it was different. I wanted to set a better example for my baby. Everything needed to be better for her sake. I wanted to be the role model she respected and looked up to. She needed to know that no matter how much you loved a nigga, as long as you allowed them to treat you like shit, they would. As far as I knew, August still messed around with that dirty bitch from time to time. He's done it much, I can tell just by smelling her cheap ass strawberry perfume all over him.

     Now its obvious me and Aug still mess around but we had an understanding. And as much as it broke my heart to see or hear about him with these other females, I couldn't be the one putting up with that bullshit anymore. I was tired of fighting these broads over him. He was my baby's father, not my man.