Chapter 1: Intro

[Ruki's POV]

If only there was a day where I could actually rest. I work everyday at this stupid restaurant, trying to raise enough money to pay rent and also save to actually buy a nice house for me and my dog in which I call my son, Koron. The restaurant does give a good salary, something I can accept at least. I could work for another job, but that'll mean no rest at all for me.

This was my usual morning to afternoon shift. During the mornings, it's less crowded and my boss keeps track of how many people I serve. So, I'll be getting paid 860 yen (8 us dollars) an hour, plus an extra 860 yen per customer. So, I work for nine hours (9am-5pm), five days a week. That's 38,700 yen a week and I get paid twice a week, which comes up to 77,400 yen . I pay rent every month, so, the money I earn, I lose 50% of my money. The rest of the money, I split and save up. Right now, I don't have any clue on how much I have right now, but it's probably a lot since I'm committed to saving.

My life isn't as "wonderful" as you think. Yeah, I get paid a lot of money, but money comes and goes. I live alone in a small-ish, but decent apartment with a puppy dog that I've had for 3 years now. I'm single. I've dated a few guys during the past 15 years (I'm 30 years old, but looks like a 19 year old) and they seem to belittle me a lot. Just because I'm so "small and sensitive" it gives guys the right to ridicule, belittle, and take advantage of me. They think I'm not willing to fight back. My life at home is usually lonely and depression, but I try to lighten it up with a healthy mind and soul. I try meditating or sitting alone in my bed whilst thinking about my life and what I can do to change.

Life won't change me.

I'm also a biker. Yeah, that's also unexpected of me. To be a biker. I've owned a motorcycle since I was 23. I like how I have the right to be free and ride freely, and safely, whenever I want to. That's the joy of being an adult, being able to do the things I want, but the only thing stopping it is BEING the adult. Paying bills, rent, savings, credit card bills. A lot. We live with a bunch of trials and errors, but we learn our mistakes, right?

"Ruki, it's 5 pm, you can go home now." My boss approached me, saying that in my ear while I had just gave a customer's receipt. My boss was a very hard one to work for. He's kind of disrespectful, you can't really talk with him without feeling uneasy or nervous, maybe anxious around him. He was a tall guy indeed, middle aged, was pretty chubby, had a mustache and short brown hair. I shifted and moved away from him. "I also have your paycheck. Come to my office." He commanded. I did just that and followed him to the office. He rummaged through his drawers to find an envelope with my name on it. Once he found it, he held out his hand for me to grab the envelope.

Reaching my hand out to get the envelope, he wouldn't let go of it, "You've been pretty off this week..." his voice was a baritone, but he spoke in a slight whisper, causing me to shiver. "If I catch you not paying attention again," his face moved closer to me, "I'll think about using you for something else." I rolled my eyes and he let go of the envelope. I turned around, flipping my long, 20 inch dirty blonde hair, and sashayed my way out of his stupid office. Again, I hate him a bunch.

I had left the restaurant through the back, that's where the locker room is. My leather jacket was hanging on the coat hanger. I kept my vest on and I slipped on my leather jacket, moving my hair out of it, then left the place for the weekend. The sun was setting and I knew that it'll get darker by the time I arrive home.

I grabbed my helmet off of the hand bar of the motorcycle and put it on my head, now hopping onto the vehicle and starting the ignition with the key I had. It was fun to hear the way my motorcycle growled when I twisted the hand bar. It was loud, but I like it loud. Smirking to myself, I started riding away from the restaurant.

••••••••••

I arrived home within 20 minutes. There was a bit of traffic here and there but I made it home safely. I had parked my motorcycle in the garage next to the garage keeper's office. I'm friends with the dude, but he's one weird guy. His name is Kai. He's secluded from a lot of people, but other than that he's a really cool dude. He lives in the apartment, but his shift I'd over at 12am. He isn't here all day, his shift starts from 5pm to 12am.

I knocked on his office door's window and he perked up from his cell phone, "Kai, I'm finally home. Take my motorcycle keys and guard them with your life." I trust Kai with anything and everything. He babysat my dog before, kept good watch of my apartment and motorcycle, and we go places as best friends. He's a very trustworthy guy.

"You know I always do, Ruki. You have a nice rest you hear?" Kai smiled at me. His smile was the brightest smile I've seen all my life. And that one dimple.

"Let's hope I do."I responded and walked away. The sound of my heeled boots echoed in the garage. I was so ready to take off the tight ass pants and these boots, this stupid vest and the dress shirt. I needed to throw all my clothes off. I'm exhausted as hell.

Minutes later, I had arrived to my apartment, opening the door with my other set of keys. My dog was silent for once. He was sleeping on the couch. I walked towards the sleeping dog and sighed. He looked so peaceful, sleeping like that. It made me even more exhausted.

I removed my leather coat and hung it up on the coat hanger by the door and made my way to my bedroom. It was pretty large in size. My bed was a king sized, had white sheets and blood red comforters. I had a balcony outside my room and also a decent sized flat screen TV on the wall. There was a lamp on top of the night stand on my bed and I also had a walk in closet.

"Woof!" and there goes my dog. His little footsteps were heard from a mile away. I had hard wood floors in the living room, tiled floors in the kitchen and bathroom, and carpet in the bedroom. I try my best to keep my bedroom carpet as clean as possible. It's a thin carpet, however. My dog ran towards my feet and jumped up, begging me to pet him. I picked him up instead and kissed his head smiling.

"Well, guess who's awake." The little chihuahua yelped with excitement and wagged its tail. I giggled and put him down and he scattered off.

Now, time to do what I needed to do most.

Strip.

Every layer of clothing was removed from my body, except for my underwear. I then slipped on my long t shirt that length to my mid thigh and flopped into bed. Today was a long day.

Tomorrow will be a better day I hope.

||A/N: Now, don't be fooled. I'm still updating the last two stories. Lol. I think I'm down to 2-3 more chapters of Recovery Road. So, stay tuned. And also for Love or Lust. I've had this story in for a month now, so, I'm updating it so you guys can get a little tweak of it. Hope you enjoyed your little tweak! And let's do that complicated math up there. So he gets 860 yen per hour, works 9 hours. Multiply that, you get 7,740 yen per day. Since he works 5 days a week, multiply his per day amount by 5, which is 38,700 yen a week. He pays rent, which is 50% of his weekly amount. He pays rent every month however, and he gets paid twice a week. Multiply 38700 by 2,you get 77400 yen, then multiply that by 50%, you get 38700. I hate math||