Chapter 4: Want to Know Your Secrets

[Ruki's POV]

It's been a week since I've met that Reita guy. Ever since that day we met, he's been coming to this restaurant every afternoon. I kinda felt like he was my stalker or something, but maybe it's a thing in reality? Uruha asked me, not too long ago, did I contact him outside of work, outside of only seeing him in this restaurant.

Haha! No.

I don't want to trust him so easily. That used to be my main issue when it came to guys. I always trusted, but I trust too much. That's why guys are always stepping on me like I'm a useless cockroach. Used and abused, but never loved. I have no idea what love feels like anymore. I've never really known what love felt like.

Even from my parents. The problem with them was acceptance. I was never accepted by them and they didn't like the fact that I turned out to be gay at 13. So, I moved with my aunt and uncle, my uncle had an alcoholic addiction, coming home drunk and being inappropriate with me. Then, I moved with my grandma. I was a bit peaceful with my grandma, even though I had to work at a young age to help her.

Life was easy, huh? Think again.

It's finally the afternoon and it was time for my little lunch break. Uruha was at the bar area, serving beer or any other alcoholic beverages to businessmen who needed a little leisure time away from work. Sometimes they'd hit up on Uruha. Talk about horny businessmen, hm?

Reita also sat on the other side of the bar area. He was watching the latest soccer game on TV. He looked focus and that cup of beer in his hand made him seem like one of those types of guys, if you know what I mean. Not the bad ones, no.

I sighed a little and went over towards him and sat next to him, then, tapped his right shoulder. He turned his head to look at me and he had a kind smile, "Hey." was all he said.

"Hi there...so, um...whatcha watching there?" I asked kindly.

"Ah, Japan vs. Mexico in a soccer game. It just started...two to zero. How's work coming along for you?" Reita sighed and took a sip of his beer through the straw.

"Eh, same ol', same ol'. Nothing special, really. So, tell me. Why do you come here everyday, all of a sudden?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"Hope I'm not being a stalker. I'll go somewhere else if you don't want me here." Is he being petty??

"No no! You can stay, I'm only asking." Smooth move, Ruki. You almost lost your man...I mean chance.

"Well then, don't worry about it, sweet cakes." Now, he was being sassy...for a manly dude. Reita chuckled. His chuckles were deep and yet seducing. "You single?" He took a toothpick from the glass saucer in the middle of the counter and put it in his mouth. It was a sexy sight to see.

example photo