Take Me Home

Without locking the door, Jimmy grabbed Vicky by the shoulders and pulled her out away from the wall and spun her so that she faced him. In her right mind, she would have thought that he looked savage, a crazy glint in his eye.

 But right now, she wanted him more than anything. Jimmy walked toward her slowly and Vicky backed up again. She looked at what was behind her. The wall and the entrance to.... his room?

  Jimmy walked up to her and their lips locked. He deepened the kiss and soon (as one of Vicky's old science teachers had put it) were in a tongue wrestle.

  Jimmy picked Vicky up and she wrapped her legs around his waist for support. Jimmy navigated blindly through the apartment. She ignored it and continued to kiss Jimmy, smelling the alcohol radiate from his skin. Thousands of red flags popped up at the smell, but she didn't want to stop.

  It was weird.... she felt almost as if she loved this man, although she knew that, deep down, she had just met him. Sure, she had known him way before he had known her, but.... It was unexplainable.

  "Jimmy?" she breathed as he kiss her neck. "Is this just a one-time thing?"

  "Hmm? Oh..." he said nothing but continued. Somehow Jimmy had managed to get them both into his room. Vicky stopped everything and pushed him onto the bed. She closed the door and walked over to Jimmy.

  He leaned over and grabbed a lighter on the side table then stood and lit six candles on the windowsill. Vicky knelt over him, looking down, her red hair falling in rippled on either side of her face, acting like blinkers to anything else.

  Jimmy grinned up at her expectantly. She pulled off her shirt and threw it on the ground, her silver bracelet accidentally going with it. Jimmy's eyes widened and she leaned down to kiss him. In the background Vicky heard a door open and close, but thought nothing of it. Then the door to the room opened and in walked--

  "ROBERT!" Vicky screamed, instantly crossing her arms to cover her naked upper body. The room was dark except for the six candles burning in the windowsill, enough light to make out the surprised face of Robert standing in the doorway. 

  The light from the living room made him cast a shadow along the length of the bed. Jimmy pushed Vicky off of him and she rolled off the bed. Jimmy sat up quickly. Robert backed out, slowly. When he was nowhere to be scene, Vicky threw on her shirt. She turned to face the accomplished-faced Jimmy. 

  "Did I forget to mention that Robert's my room mate?" Jimmy asked, looking at her apologetically. 

  "Yeah, you did!" she shouted.

  "Oh, come, love. He's gone... you could come back to bed...."

  "No thank you," she growled. "I was stupid to think that you could have possibly cared... you're a Rocker.... I'm so stupid..."

  "You're not stupid, love," Jimmy promised, crawling toward her. "You're very smart, beautiful, and--"

  "Great for one night?" Vicky finished, pulling her fiery hair behind her ears. She trotted out of the room and was surprised to see Robert sitting on the couch watching Tv. Robert looked up and her and sighed.

  "Come ed, I'll give you a ride home," he told her. "I just borrowed the keys to a producers car to drive my groupie home. You'll be safe with me, love." Her heart gave a wrench.

  "Don't call me love," she hissed. Robert stood, ignoring her tone, and walked toward the door. He took a pair of keys off the key rack and looked back at Vicky, who hadn't moved.

  "Aren't you coming?" he asked. She inhaled deeply and walked to him, looking down at her feet. Vicky was embarrassed at what Robert had seen, but he seemed unfazed.