|| Chapter 12 ||

5 months were over.

You could finally leave.

Over the past 5 months, Gerard and Frank came to visit you in turns. Frank was getting happier as his relationship with Tabitha was growing stronger. But Gerard on the other hand, everytime he visited you, he looked worse and worse. His hair was growing past his shoulders, and he stank of alcohol. One time he actually visited you while he was drunk and he broke down into a hopeless wreck of tears infront of you. He said he couldn't bare living without you any longer. A couple of months ago, you started cutting your thighs because you felt really bad about it. You didn't cut your wrists it was too obvious. You didn't know why you did it anymore, once it started over a year ago, it became a routine, you liked it, when the scars faded it scared you. It scared you seeing Gerard like this, and Frank said it had been going on since you left the hospital.

You packed what clothes you had and exited your room. Before you left, Dr Thredson approached you with a plastic bag filled with 3 boxes. 'Here are your depression tablets, take one in the morning, everyday. There is a year supply here, and I wish you well' Dr Thredson said, handing you the bag, bowing slightly and returning to his own duties. You walked down the corridor, everystep you took, the closer the door got, the closer your freedom got. You were at the glass doors, outside you could see Gerard, Frank, Ray and Mikey holding up a giant banner saying 'Welcome Back' in big, multi-coloured bubble writing. Gerard still looked in bad condition, but he looked happy to see you. You walked out, and jumped to the bottom of the stairs, Gerard left the side of the banner, ran up to you and wrapped his arms tight around you, embracing you like you havnt seen eachother for years.

You could feel Gerard shaking in your arms, and you could feel his tears in the crook of your neck. 'Ive missed you so much (y/n), I don't want anything like this to happen to you again. And ive been stupid enough to turn to alcohol to drown my sorrow and its not good, I missed you, I love you, please don't ever leave me...' Gerard cried into your shoulder again, and you could feel tears well up in your own eyes. 'I will never leave you, I promise, I will love you to the end'. Gerard turned to look at you, his hazel eyes looked dim and broken, puffy with months of tears. He still smelt strongly of alcohol and it sickened you. You needed to help him, and fast. 'Hey (y/n)! you coming to say hey to us or what?' Frank shouted over to you. 'One second' you whispered to Gerard as you released yourself from his grip and ran towards Frank, Ray and Mikey, giving each of them a hug.

After giving everyone a hug, you all got in the car. You, Gerard and Frank sat in the back, Mikey sat in the front passenger seat while Ray drove. Gerard had his arm around you, 'Baby...?' you said, looking over to him, 'Yeah?' he replied, 'Promise me something Gee?' you hugged him as he hummed a reply, your head was buried into his shoulder, and your speech was muffled when you said 'don't ever drink like this ever again, please?' your eyes started tearing up. Gerard placed a hand on your head and started stroking your hair. 'I promise baby'.

You got back to Gerard's house and walked into the living room. 'Mom, this is my girlfriend, (y/n)' Gerard spoke to a woman standing In the kitchen, it smelt like she was baking cake. 'Oh hello Gerard!' she said, hugging her son, and greeting her other son with another hug. 'Oh, so this is the young lady you've talked so much about?' Gerards mom turned to you, her eyes sweeping over your face. 'Shes very pretty, I hope you treat her right, shes a keeper, oh where are my manners? I'm Donna, welcome to the Way family, (y/n)'. You bowed your head slightly 'Thankyou Ms Way, its a pleasure to be here' smiling as Donna gave you a small hug. 'oh please, call me Donna, now who wants some cake!' Everyone went into the kitchen to see a large cake being brought out of the oven. Donna started to decorate the red velvet sponge with cream icing. She wrote letters ontop in black icing saying 'Good Luck For College!' You stared at the cake, wow college already. It was your 16th birthday next week, you was nearly in college, you had a totally new family. Everything was going so well.

There was a knock on the door. 'Ill get it, if that's okay?' You said, Donna nodded and you walked to the door to find a police man standing there. 'Uhm...?' you said, looking at the police man. 'Hello, are you (y/l) (y/l/n)? I think your friend Tabitha said you would be here?' He asked, showing his police badge. 'Uhm, yes I am...' You looked back at everyone in the kitchen, just to have Donna nod at you. 'Would you like to come in.' You stood aside to let the man in, he took a seat in one of the armchairs. '(y/n), I'm going to be really blunt with you ok?' The police man asked, as you took a seat near him. 'Sure...' you replied, you were so confused, what did you do? whats going on? The police mans facial expression was solid. 'Youre parents died in a car crash last night, the driver, your father, was drunk and crashed the whole thing into a building and exploded the car' You sat there, shocked. This couldn't of happened. Trying not to let anyone notice, you pinched yourself slightly. No. This has to be a twisted nightmare.

Gerard sat next to you, placing a hand on your shoulder. 'We would have to put you in care, unless you have somewhere else to go?' The police man asked, looking over to Donna as if to ask here if there was a place under her roof available. 'We'll take her in.' Donna said plainly. Gerards grip on your shouder tightened, 'are you ok?' you whispered to him, he nodded slowly, but you could see he was holding back a smile. 'Then its settled, we'll move your stuff here tonight ok (y/n)?' The police man looked at you and you nodded. The police man said his goodbyes and told you he will be back in about 2 hours to help collect your belongings. As soon as the police man left, it finally hit you. You burst into tears, a hopeless wreck, rocking back and forth in Gerards arms.

Once you had finished crying, you still lay there in Gerards arms. Ray and Frank had gone home, and Gerard told Mikey and his mom that you are going to share a room with him, so Mikey and Donna went to go tidy Gerards room and change his sheets. I think they were putting in a spare wardrobe too. It seemed to take forever, but you fell asleep in Gerards arms, him singing you to sleep.

(A/N)- Why am I killing so many people off? I NEED HALP....anyway, since the reader (you) turn 16 in this fic in a week...imma include some BIRTHDAY SMUT <3 ~ Kayla Way