The Awakening

Chapter 1: The Awakening

Harry James Potter is an unusual boy. For one, he is a wizard- a being that has the ability to do magic, and attend a school to learn how to control it. This school was called "Hogwarts, School for Witchcraft and Wizardry". Harry had came upstairs to go to bed after completing all of his chores. He, subconsciously stretched his arms in exactly 7 different ways before hesitatingly lying down onto his bed. Recently, he had been getting dreams about....well....someone. Every time he gets close to finding out their name, he is woken up, as if being forcefully evicted for viewing something forbidden. He once tried to search through the memory of his dreams, and found that the usual quick flashes were absent. In its place, he could remember every dream as vividly as if they were somehow....memories. He shook his head at the thought and tried to find a comfortable position to fall asleep into.

Harry thought about the letter he had received earlier that day about how the Weasley's were coming to Privet Drive to pick him up and take him to watch the Quidditch finals. Secretly he wasn't rooting for Bulgaria, but didn't admit so as he knew Ron was rooting for the opposite team, and he didn't want to return to the Burrow with a 5 hour rant on how Quidditch is awesome and he should root for his team. Sometimes Harry felt as if he had no opinion, and he was trapped between Hermione the supposed smart one that helps you outset anytime, and Ron the supposed not intelligent one but is the great friend. In the back of his mind, he thought about how the sorting hat was wrong. Hermione was a Ravenclaw to the boot and Gryffindor was just an insult to her knowledge and desire to learn. Harry also crinkled his nose, a bit in disgust as he realized that Ron was the ideal Gryffindor. Ill-mannered, fiery-tempered, reckless Gryffindor.....it rather reminded his of someone else....

Harry turned his body to face the wall and tried to force himself to fall asleep. Surprisingly, it took only a few seconds until he was swept away from the realm of consciousness by the darkness.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HIM is what Harry had come to name the point of view of the person's memories, though Harry had a feeling that it wouldn't be the case for much longer. Harry watched HIM walk down a corridor that looked strangely familiar. HIM was walking, with long strides, while peering over his shoulder every once in a while before whispering to a strange bulge on his shoulder. When Harry got closer, he realized that the 'strange bulge' was, in fact a petite boa constrictor, when suddenly he spots someone walking down the corridor. He looks around before spotting a pair of big doors before realizing that this was the entrance to the Great Hall at Hogwarts. He turns as the other figure comes to a stop directly in front of HIM. He turns to look at a stunning woman with long red straight hair who was wearing black and yellow dress robes that stopped right at her ankles. Harry watched as HIM tried to back away from the entrance hall, but she turns and spots him, immediately rushing towards him and grabbing his arm. She pulls him towards the doors, as he tries to maintain his dignity whilst being literally dragged to the Great Hall.

"Helga, I hardly think that this is necessary." HIM says as he tugs his arm free out of her surprisingly. tight grip. 'Helga...' he repeats. 'That explains the black and yellow dress robes with the Hufflepuff house crest. But why am I having these...visions... about the time of the founders? And didn't Helga Hufflepuff have blonde hair?' Harry thought, as he hurriedly followed the two into the Great Hall's open half opened doors.

Harry watched as 'Helga' led HIM to the large table at the front of the hall, where many others were seated chatting excitedly amongst themselves. They all stopped at once when they arrived. A blonde man with sparkling blue eyes greeted the two others as they sat down.

"It's good to see you both. I can see that Helga dragged you here by force?" The man asked turning towards HIM.

"Godric, please I think that I am more than able of taking care of myself. I merely did not wish to worry the masses, as they student body might take it out on the others, in response to our multitude of infamous arguments." HIM said as he began filling his plate with a variety of foods. 'Godric, huh? Looks like history got a little mixed up in regards to the Founders' physical attributes.' Harry thought.

"Perhaps if you did not spend all of your time down in that chamber of yours with the basilisk, the students would not create rumors about you teaching the children the Dark Arts." A tall brunette woman wearing blue robes with the Ravenclaw crest, said.

"Anguis is in need of care, as she is currently at an important stage in her growth. I apologize for being the cause of mass hysteria, but alas the survival of my beloved pet is a much more urgent matter than a few missed meals." HIM said as he began to chew on a slice of bread.

"Salazar, I agree that you have every right to attend to Anguis, however you mustn't be neglectful towards your health." 'Helga' admonished.

Harry felt as if a cold bucket of water was dumped onto his head. 'This felt completely surreal. This was...absurd. Helga Hufflepuff.....Godric is Gryffindor.....Rowena.....Salazar must refer to Salazar Slytherin. WHY? Why was he having these...flashbacks from the time of the founders? And WHY in Merlin's name is he having flashbacks from SLYTHERIN'S life?' As he thought about this he felt his surroundings blur into a mass of colours before giving in to the darkness...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Harry struggled to lift himself off his bed, a wave of memories suddenly overwhelmed him and he struggled to retain his conscious mind as he sifted through the memories. Being shunned for speaking to snakes....being tied to a post surrounded by villagers, his families' corpses surrounding him....weaving magic into a castle......the other founders helping him.....creating the chamber and excitedly telling Helga about it.....being shunned by the students for being 'evil' with his dark demeanor and parseltongue abilities....being warded out of the castle by the others for being accused of teaching the younger students the Dark Arts....the feeling of rejection....anguish....despair at being once again utterly alone....their betrayals cutting through him like a dagger stabbing him repeatedly in the heart....deciding to try to spread the word of Hogwarts to as many magical children as possible before taking on an apprentice and naming him his heir before being killed in a raid whilst protecting his students......was the last thing Harry remembered before it all went black....

I hope you liked it! Yes, this is a 'Harry is Salazar' type of story,but I wanted to try it out, as I am a HUMONGOUS Harry Potter fan. If you do not like it, I am afraid that you do not have read it, but please refrain from any hate. I understand that we all have a right to our own opinion, but it's not fair to ruin other readers' experience with foul language and such. SEE YOU SOON!

-Madsinator