The Followers

Chapter Eight: The Followers

Last Chapter:
Suddenly, the frightened screams grew louder and they watched as the chaos grew. Harry turned to Draco, when a voice screamed "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry tackled Draco to the ground. Both boys let out a huff when they hit the ground, but otherwise seemed to be alright. They both watched with bated breaths as a flash of green whooshed overhead, where they had been standing a few moments ago.

"What in Merlin's name-" Draco seemed confused, so different from the first year who ran at the sight of a figure drinking Unicorn blood, that Harry couldn't help but think that it must be his Gryffindor side rearing its head. He shook his head.

Both boys pointed their wands in the direction of where the light had come from. Harry turned to Ginny who had ducked behind a tree.

"Are you alright?" This brought Draco's attention over to Ginny, as if to check that she wasn't a walking corpse. Harry looked her over. She seemed fine. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she pointed past their heads where a few shadowy figures were standing. They were all wearing silver masks with black robes. They also all had their wands out. Harry held his wand out threateningly, watching Ginny and Draco do the same. A few of the figures began to laugh when they saw this, but fell quiet when others looked over at them.

One of the figures walked forward slightly. Harry's gripped his wand tighter and tugged Draco back when he moved forwards as well. The Death Eater opened their mouth to speak. They spoke with a low, gravelly voice.

"Potter," They spit his name out as if it were a curse. "The Dark Lord shall be very pleased when he realizes that we have delivered you to him so early on." They didn't seem to catch their mistake, but Harry did.

Early on? Did that mean that Harry is supposed to come across Voldemort again sometime this year? Harry shook his head as he tugged Draco by the arm behind him. Draco threw him a dirty look, but stayed quiet, knowing that it wouldn't be good to draw attention to himself.

Ginny stepped forwards alongside Harry with her wand raises as well.

"You're not taking Harry without force, I can tell you that much."

The other Death Eaters growled and shot a few spells out, and flashes of blue and red light shot towards the three students. Ginny shouted out the incantation for a special shield charm that held against many spells, except for very dark ones. It apparently included the Unforgivables, as he saw a few flashes of Avada Kedavra green- and wasn't it sad that he knew exactly what shade it was firsthand -bounce off it as well. The Death Eaters ducked and slid behind trees to avoid the backlash of their own spells.

The Founders were about to retaliate with their own spells when a shout and footsteps caught their attention. The Death Eaters seemed to hear it as well as they spun around to apparate, but the three still sent out a barrage of spells at the retreating group. They stopped when the last Death Eater apparated, but still kept their wands out. A few figures cautiously stepped forwards. One of them hollered behind them, most likely to someone there.

"It's alright. They're just Hogwarts students." The voice called. Ginny didn't seem to like that as she stepped forwards with a death-grip on her wand.

"Lumos!" The same voice called, and revealed to be some official looking Ministry workers. They stepped aside to reveal the two Minister's for Magic of both Britain and Bulgaria. They both seemed bewildered at the sight of the three. Harry looked down at himself; he was sweaty, tired, heart racing with adrenaline. He looked over to the other two to see them look the same.

Draco wiped his forehead with his hand. There was dirt from all of the trampling and running past trees. There was still a streak of brown on his cheek.

Without thinking, Harry reached out and wiped it away. His hand was still raised when he realized what he had done. He looked straight ahead to see Draco's gray-blue eyes wide. Harry hadn't realized that they were the same height. They had both grown over the summer.

"Ahem..." Ginny said from behind them. Both boys turned to her so fast, they it was a miracle that they hadn't gotten whiplash. They hadn't realize how close they were standing. Draco's cheeks turned red as he stepped back, and Harry did the same, feeling heat rise up his neck.

Draco cleared his throat and turned to face the Ministers for Magic.

"Ministers, all you both alright?" Harry watched as the Bulgarian Minister calmly sat down on a log, while Fudge paced. Fudge looked up at the blond and smiled nervously.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy. I'm alright," He then turned to Harry, and said more enthusiastically, "Mr. Potter! I was unaware that you were attending the Match."

Harry internally rolled his eyes. He refused to take his fame as The Boy-Who-Lived from anyone, Minister for Magic or not. "I wasn't aware that it was a Prophet-Worthy matter." He replied dryly. Harry heard Ginny snicker and saw Draco smile out of the corner of his eye.

Harry watched as Fudge's smile dropped a little at the sarcastic remark. Soon, an awkward silence fell over the group. It didn't last for long though, as more Ministry official-looking people walked towards them. Harry tightened his grip on his wand. He wasn't taking any chances in case they weren't who they said they were. One of them walked forwards and whispered something to one of the other guards.

Whatever was said seemed to satisfy the guard as they moved aside. Looking satisfied, both Ministers rose to their feet and walked back towards the grounds. One of the Ministry officials turned to the Hogwarts Students, "Follow us."

As Harry walked out of the forest and onto the ash-covered land of the once magnificent Quidditch Match Grounds, he clenched his fists.

'Voldemort and his Death Eaters will never win.' Harry raises his hand to touch his lightning scar, which flares with a spark of pain for a split-second before glowing a sickly, Avada Kedavra Green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah! We had some action in this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! As you can probably tell, I've obviously tweaked some details from canon Harry Potter. Next chapter will hopefully be up soon. No promises though.

-Madsinator