26. The New City

Shout out to a special fan who decided to make a banner for this book! This is my first banner ever received and so I absolutely love her for that! Thank you appilyeverafter for this beautiful banner :) Love you! :)

--

If Mynera'd said that she was beginning to get angry at Saenar, she knew that it would make her look like a maniac with issues. But, she didn't care. She was beginning to get angry at Saenar and she was most certainly not a maniac with issues. Her anger was well placed.

After they had shared that wonderful kiss by the stream, he was ignoring her. Every time she said something to him he would disregard her, or answer with as little words as possible, or just motion to a very confused Hale to answer the question. He couldn't make it any more obvious that he was snubbing her and that just made her feel even angrier.

The whole atmosphere was tense. Everyone assumed that they were in a fight and so no one spoke. It was hard to speak with Mynera glaring holes into Saenar's back as he led the way, her fury almost materializing around her.

Hale had tried to talk to her. She tried back but it was to no avail. She was simply too focused on Saenar to have a conversation with anyone else. And she wasn't apologizing for thinking that. She liked him, end of story. She wasn't going to deny it nor push it aside. She liked him but if he'd ever pushed her away because of that Charmaline she was going to kill him.

"You're going to kill him if you keep glaring at him like that."

Mynera glanced over at Madeline a quick second before returning her eyes to Saenar. "That's the aim."

"You two make it so obvious that you're having a lover's spat," she said with a hint of disgust.

"I'm not so sure I would call it that."

"That's exactly what it looks like." She leaned as far as her hands around Barron would allow her. "What are you guys fighting about?"

"Watch it, m'lady," Barron murmured. "The more information you feed her, the stronger she gets."

"Oh, shut it!" Madeline slapped Barron upside the head. He didn't look angry however, he just laughed.

She returned her attention to Mynera who sighed.

"He kissed me."

There was no reply. She had been expecting them to go crazy or to at least look surprised or even excited but they just kept staring at her, as if they were waiting for more.

"That's it," she told them.

Madeline frowned. Mynera saw something flicker behind her eyes and she leaned back a bit. She could have sworn she was going to leave the topic alone before she flipped her hair and perked back up. The flicker was gone. "That's it? He just kissed you and you're walking around like he just killed your dog? There has to be more to it than that."

"I reckon it was her first kiss," Barron said. He looked over at Mynera, daring her to deny it.

"It was your first kiss?" Madeline asked, swallowing. Her eyes shifted. "You mean, you've never kissed anyone else in all your fifteen years? Not even a lowly stable boy during your rebellious times?"

"My rebellious times was when I was six. And don't forget that I've lived in Arcadia for a long time."

"I'm sure there was someone you could smack lips with."

Madeline slapped him again, this time a bit softer. "Oh hush, Arcadia is only open to women. There are no men in that place."

"Truly? How do they satisfy themselves?"