Chapter Fifty

George pulls into a parking space at a really posh restaurant and I climb out of his huge jeep.

Opening the back door I slip my handbag over my shoulder and pick Emilio up.

I'm in a mid-calf length red dress with the same flats as earlier, George is in black dress pants, a deep purple shirt, a black tie with a black waistcoat and the same shoes.

Emilio is in elasticated baby jeans and a simple grey shirt with some thick socks as it's chilly tonight.

Propping him on my hip, we make our way into the restaurant, the man by the entrance asks, "Reservation name?"

He then looks up and a blush rises to his face, before he bows his head, "Alpha, Luna, Emilio please come this way, Nathaniel is waiting for you."

Sighing I hold Emilio tighter to my side and he whimpers.

Sitting him down in his highchair I stroke his cheek and he giggles before grabbing my finger.

Getting his pacifier out oft bad I put it in his mouth as he still grips onto my fingers.

"The alpha of the Red Moon Pack is planning an attack. One of my men overheard when he was hunting early this morning. We don't know when it's going to happen but we need to strike down fast if you want your pack and your family to survive." Nathaniel says with a plain expression like the news really means nothing but when he sneaks a look at me I see worry in his eyes.

Giving him a small smile I use my free hand to sip my glass of ice water.

George orders my food and I keep my eyes on Emilio.

I don't really listen to their conversation and just think about being in bed curled into George with Emilio in my arms.

We've slept like that for the past few nights because Emilio doesn't wake us up by crying as he's warm, he's being cuddled and he knows where we are.

Hearing Emilio starting to cry I snap out of my daze, picking him up out of his highchair and lay him in an upward position.

Getting his bottle out with my baby milk in I hold it out to him and he latches himself onto the bottle.

Giggling I stroke his small brown hairs on the top of his head.

"You're always used to glow like that with Emiliana..." Nathaniel smiles.

Looking up I notice George is gone, I open my mouth to ask but Nathaniel replies before I even have to ask, "he's gone outside to smoke."

Rolling my eyes I continue to watch Emilio as he feeds happily.

"Can I hold him?" Nathaniel asks.

Taking the bottle away from him and raise to my feet.

Nathaniel walks round and stands so close we're almost kissing.

I lay Emilio in his arms and our hands brush together, I gasp as I look up into his eyes.

"Why are you still doing this to yourself Skylar?" He asks.

"I'm not doing anything to myself Nathaniel. I'm living my life. Raising my baby and I'm happy." I sigh.

"You were always smiling when you were mine. Now you seem miserable. I never see you smile when you're in his arms. " he frowns.

Taking Emilio back I kiss the top of his head and he yawns.

"I'm going home. I don't want to see you anytime soon."