Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A perplexed expression crossed the teenager that stood beside the king. Jeremy, on the other hand, looked pleased to see me. I noticed that the boy wouldn't take his eyes away from me.

As cliche as it is, as soon as our eyes connected I instantly felt an attraction to this mysterious figure. It was hard to tear my gaze away from his but I managed to do so after a few seconds.

"I trust you slept well, yes?"

He didn't seem to be upset or irritated that I had listened to their fight, if he had even noticed. I felt uncomfortable under their intensive, endless gazes.

"Yes, thank you," I murmur quietly, trying to ignore the now harsh look that was hidden in the boy's eyes.

His face seemed to soften as I spoke, but it was gone in a spilt second. Jeremy smacked his hand on the judge mental boy. A light smile found its way on my face.

The door burst open for the second time, but this time it wasn't me. I recognized him immediately. I cringed away, remembering the pain he caused me.

I think I remember his name was Kade. His eyes found mine, smirking slightly. He quickly shook his head, probably remembering he was in the presence of the king.

Trust me; I was having a hard time believing it myself. The room felt stuffy; I felt as if I were being suffocated. I tugged at the end of my sleeves.

"Hello sir," Kade greeted the king causally, bowing his head in recognition.

Jeremy looked annoyed that he had interrupted. His friendly expression was now into anger once again. From reading too much, I flinched away. I've gotten it into my mind that any man will hurt me.

"I see the soon to be princess has arrived," Kade gave me a sickly smile, much to Jeremy's annoyance.

"I know this isn't the reason you came. Is there something you wish to tell me?" He went straight to the point.

I've never heard such a tone in my life and I honestly never wanted to hear it again. It sounded... inhuman. I shuddered, hoping no one would notice.

"My greatest apologizes, king. You are requested in your office. I could assist Ms. Sylvia, if you would like," I could see the fire and hatred in his eyes as he addressed me.

"You will treat her with respect, Kade! I know what you did to her at Starbucks and just a little warning, you aren't getting away with it," Jeremy's voice raised again, his eyes now wide.

Kade's eyes widened in shock; he looked terrified. On the other hand, the king's son was looking at me with pure disgust. I shrunk away even further, wanting more than anything to leave.

"Yes, your majesty. I have my deepest regrets, sir. Thank you for your time," he gave a curt nod towards the King, scurrying out of the room before anyone could say anything else.

The room was now an eerie silence; I fidgeted with my fingers. Both of the pair of eyes was now, back on me. I was still trying to figure out how someone could have a strong dislike towards me when I haven't even had met them.

"Sorry about that, darling. Anyways, why don't you come over here? I don't bite," he winked to try to reassure me but I think it only frightened me further.

To tell the truth, I didn't want to step any closer; I wanted to flee. I didn't know these people; I should have sneaked out last night. I wanted to smack myself; I didn't have to obey stupid rules.

"Oh, sorry honey. I know this must be strange to you," he rubs the back of his neck, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to attend the problem. Be nice," his last words were directed at his son, his tone stern.