Chapter 33-34

[Greyson]

What was going on?

Temporarily, I lost consciousness with the lack of oxygen flowing through my brain. Aimlessly, I looked at the sky and noticed that there were no clouds. I looked at the sun and cringed at the harsh light on my pupils. 

My eyes blinked once. Two times. Strong, yet thin fingers wrung my throat with unimaginable force my sight alternate from dark to light. 

"Get off him you sadist!" 

The pressure around my throat slid away and as soon as it did my lungs gasped for air like it depended on it. I heard pounding in my ears rhythmically  syncing to the beat of my heart. 

"Gran! What are you doing here?!" I heard Celeste shout. 

Gran? That was one person I hope to never be on the receiving end of her vicious personality.  

I lifted my head up and saw the unmistakable woman grab Remington by the ankle of his foot across the dirt. On the back of his chest was evidence of a gunshot wound. Dad moved aside as if Cleopatra, the queen of Egypt herself, had reigned down from her throne to initiate the punishment herself. 

Remington's face expressed emotions of surprise and annoyance, then when he was dragged across for another three feet before letting out a roar of rage.

"You will pay for this old woman!" He flailed every time his scrapped across the dirt.

As I came to, I felt awestruck by Gran's fearlessness. Who can a human woman stand up to a old wolf like Remington?

She spat at him. SPAT. At him. "I don't waste good money on dirty cheap things like you." All who were watching the incredible scene unfold, gasped in unison when Gran produced her cane and rammed it like a sword over Remington's stomach. 

Of course it didn't go through him, but the force was powerful enough to make him gag.

"Wow." Trent's mouth gaped.

A growl emanated from deep within Remington. "You-

"Shut up!" Gran his him across the face with her cane this time. "Keep." Hit. "Your." Hit. "dirty mouth." Hit--hit. "Shut. Think you can hit my family while I'm still alive? I don't think so." Both ends of his face were red and blue by the time she finished that sentence. It took five seconds to lift her foot and one to stomp it down his nuts. 

Remington screamed so loudly by the end of it his voice gave way and cracked. 

"I'm sending you to an early grave, you B--

BANG!

Remington dropped back and fell like a statue. His thigh began to bleed. What the...the bullet came out of nowhere. 

"Before you fire, you got to let me know!" Gran shouted at no one in particular.

"If I had let you known, I would have given away my location." 

I groaned as I tried to get back on my feet. I rubbed my neck trying to soothe the soreness. 

  "Mom!" Celeste and Trent said at the same time. 

Celeste's mother appeared from the shadows with a pistol aiming high. 

"It isn't safe for you two to be here." Vincent said. 

Celeste's mom glared at him. "Same goes for you kid. Your mother turned pale as a sheet when she saw the condition of your brother." Vincent visibly gulped. "And you..." She narrowed her eyes at me. "Cover yourself up. Do you have any morals? Running around naked in front of my daughter, you pig."