Extra #6 - First Love

Giovanni sat with you and Luciano at the table in the dining hall for breakfast. He was twenty-seven now and had grown into a fine man. He was still the spitting image of his father. The only difference between the two was that Giovanni had kept his red eyes from when he was born and he didn't have the scars on his back like his father. If it wasn't for those two things, they could have easily been mistaken for twins. This was thanks to Giovanni not physically aging past twenty-one, just like Luciano. It was a curse for you honestly. You often found yourself mistaking Giovanni for Luciano and vice versa from down corridors. You felt bad about it, but you've gotten better at telling them apart recently and haven't had any mishaps in over six months.

        Your son was uncharacteristically quiet today. He seemed a bit off, but you didn't know what was wrong. You had asked Anna if she could read his aura for you, but she refused to say what was wrong. Was she in on something that you weren't? That was mostly the case, and it bothered you just a bit. You felt like he couldn't confide in you for some reason. Maybe with Luciano here you could get him to tell you what was wrong.

        "Giovanni?" you questioned.

        He looked up from his cup. "Sì Mama?"

        "Something's bothering you sweetheart."

        "I'm fine Mama, really."

        "Don't lie to your mother," Luciano said. "What's wrong son?"

        Giovanni was in a corner now. It was bad enough that he lied to his mother, but lying to his father? That was a death sentence he did not want. He sighed and ran a hand down his face before taking a drink from his cup. Well, here went nothing.

        "I... I think I'm..." He mumbled the rest of his sentence.

        "Don't mumble," Luciano scolded.

        "I said that I think I'm in..." He mumbled again.

        Luciano glared at him. "Spit it out."

        "I think I'm in love!"

        Your husband blinked.

        "That wasn't so hard, now was it?" you said. "I'm happy for you Gio!"

        Luciano's eyes widened. His son was in love? This brought a multitude of questions to his mind. When did this happen? How did he not notice this before? What did they do for a living? Was it someone he knew? He looked at his son, and tried to calmly ask him his questions.

        "When did this happen?"

        "About three months ago."

        "Why didn't you tell us before?"

        "I wanted to make sure of my feelings before I said anything. I didn't want to tell you guys and have you both start to arrange a wedding."

        "I see... And what does this person do for a living?"

        "They're a student at the moment..."

        "Boy or girl?"

        "Luciano!" you gasped.

        "What? I want to know if our son is gay or not. It's not like I'm not going to disown him if he is."

        You stayed quiet then to let them continue wit the questioning.

        "Anyway... Boy or girl?"

        "Girl."

        "Good. I'll have grandchildren then."

        Giovanni's face went red with embarrassment at that statement.