Chapter Twelve

Hailey's POV

It's had been four days since she came and I kept pressing her to train me. But Esmeralda wanted to rest first as she hadn't for the past years. Seeing her tired I reluctantly agreed. And finally this morning she got up early at 6am and dressed up in her gym shorts and a singlet. She woke me up by banging on my door and made me dress up similarly. I was in a very bad mood and images of strangling her entered my mind. In that sleepy state trying to put on my trainees was a very difficult task. Liam just sat on the bed, amused by my current state and would occasionally laugh at me as I bumped around the room with half opened eyes. If looks could kill, he would have died a hundred times, but me staring at him in anger only made him hold his sides and laugh louder. Mumbling curse words at him, I headed out of the house and saw Esmeralda doing some stretching exercises.

What infuriated me even more was that she made me run for four miles continuously. I wanted to rip her head off for disturbing my sleep and now making me all sweaty and stinky so early in the morning. If I tried to stop she would do some weird ass witchy trick and hit me with a stick flying in the air. Oh I was so going to have my revenge. She grinned the entire time enjoying my suffering. I didn't even know her well but damn did she seem scary. "Alright Hailey sit down and rest, I'll be back in a moment." She didn't have to tell me twice as I literally fell face down on the damp grass and closed my eyes. I was never fond of any form or name that had exercise written all over it. Yea call me lazy, I didn't give a damn.

"Now don't get so comfortable there Hailey." I could literally feel the grin on her face without even opening my eyes. Signing and groaning loudly I got up and noticed Liam and the rest of the boys standing behind grinning like Cheshire cats. Oh how I wanted wipe it right off their faces. I scowled at them making their grins grow wider. "Place these around her in four different corners with equal distances." I frowned as each of them placed four different containers' around me. One of them had water, the other had small pieces of paper, one had few bricks of burning charcoal and the other had dried up flowers in it.

"Thank you boys for helping me out." Esmeralda flashed a huge smile to them which they obviously returned and Kevin added it by giving her a wink. If I didn't know better I swear she was flirting with them. I growled low making their attention turn back to me, "Oh I forgot you were there for a moment." She replied. I smiled and scowled at the same time. I wondered how I looked but knew it when the boys started laughing loudly. I glared at them with so much hatred. "What do I have to do with these containers?" I asked her trying to change the subject. She smiled one last time at them and then walked over to where I was standing.

"Hailey every witch is giving the power to control one or two elements. They are," Pointing at the charcoal, " fire," then at the container filled with water, "water," then the dried flowers, "earth," and then finally turning to the paper, "And air." I nodded but didn't interrupt. The boys were sitting on the grass and watching us intently. "Now from what you told me I know you control water and fire but rarely witches get the power to control all the elements. So it's a hunch I have that maybe you possess all of them." The anger I had towards her was suddenly lost and it was filled with a new curiosity. "So are you ready Hailey?" I looked at her then locked eyes with Liam. He smiled and nodded reassuringly. I looked back at Esmeralda and nodded.