Chapter Nineteen

Hailey's POV

The scenic beauty passed by in a blur as we drove along the interstate towards USA. The trees were just a green trail. It was just after late morning and the sun rays were falling harshly over us making me feel hot and stuffy. I hated this summer kind of weather. Everything I looked at made me all the more anxious and angry at the same time. We had left around ten in the morning because I was stalling a little from going. Well could you blame me? I was scared shit of the outcome. That had pissed Liam because he was really the most punctual person on this freaking earth. Well after shouting and more shouting and then some or maybe a lot of cooing I left the pack house.

It had been an hour since I stared out of the window with a huge pout on my face. Well I was a drama queen on rare occasions and I guess this was one. So now totally bored of looking out the window I turned to face Liam whose eyes were glued to the road. As I stared at him a smile broke on his face.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to resist this face for long." He stated. Huh what rubbish.

"You wish mister." I bit back but couldn't help to stop that small smile to form on my lips because he was kind of right but I was too proud to admit it.

"Ha-ha, whatever." He smirked knowingly, stealing a glance at me before he returned to watching the road.

"Man I wish Ethan was here." Kevin mumbled.

"I swear if I didn't know well, I'd think you guys were gay." Tyler joked. Kevin gaged at his comment.

"Please Ethan is like my brother from another mother, mofos." He defended.

"I miss Nate." I whispered. Liam took my hand and squeezed it lightly.

Nate had to stay back to take care of the pack in Liam's absence. I didn't like it one bit, because he was like this anchor to my swirling emotions. I wanted all of them to be with me when I become this huge mess of vulnerability. But that would be selfish of me. He wasn't beta just for name sake. He also wanted to come and be with me but duty calls. Ethan had stayed back with Nate as he didn't want him to be left alone. He was such a darling because I knew that he too wanted to make this trip for my sake but didn't want to leave Nate behind to manage the pack alone.

"Liam," I called out getting his attention. "Hmm" He replied as he swiftly dodged the ongoing traffic.

"Where exactly is this place we are going?" I asked.

"It's a cottage Hailey exactly on the border of our packs." He answered.

"How come I never heard of it?" I asked knowing that during my time in that 'pack' not once was such a cottage ever mentioned nor was it when I was in this pack.

"It's a long story Hailey." He turned to look at me.

"Well if you noticed I am not going anywhere." I deadpanned.

"Hailey is right. Even I haven't heard about this place." Kevin said poking his head between us.

"Fine let's stop here." He said, as he slowed down near a small building with a board reading Food plaza. "We have some time to spare, so let's freshen up and eat some food."

All of us hurried out of the car and ran towards the food like hungry hounds that had been starved for decades.

"Children." Liam muttered us he saw us run away leaving him alone to find a parking spot. We just laughed and continued running.

By the time Liam entered we had already ordered and were waiting for it to be delivered. Scowling at us, he sat near me in the booth. I took his hand, making him turn his face towards me. I leaned in and placed my lips on his. He instantly kissed me back. Smiling I pulled back and scooted closer to him, lying my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me.