Chapter Thirty

Hailey's POV

Where are we going Zach?" I asked for the hundredth time. This road was unfamiliar to me. All I could see was dense forest on both sides and the narrow dirt road in front. If it was anyone else I would have jumped and ran back home because this looked like a place where kidnappers and all horrible people come with their prey. But well with him it felt safe and normal. The ride was really bumpy because of the million port holes decorating. My butt ached and I was very badly manhandled, or should I say car handled. But Zach apologized every minute and he really did look sad so I guess we're even.

After another fifteen minutes, he stopped the truck at a weird looking hut. There wasn't a dense kind of forest but it still looked wild and creepy. We were in between two medium sized looking hills that were completely covered with green. They didn't look steep and I could make out a narrow trail leading uphill. Zach got out and headed into the hut. I reluctantly followed him all the time wondering what in the wide world was in that hut.

"Hey I hope you like this." He said sheepishly, I didn't fail to notice a slight blush on his cheeks. Before I could comment, he lifted a huge piece of rug off something beside him. The air was filled with dust and I instantly sneezed loudly, and might I add very unladylike. Zach snickered but I ignored him and tried to see what exactly was I supposed to be excited for. As my eyes finally saw them, I squealed so loudly that anyone with a ten mile radius would have heard it.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. I can't believe this." I whisper yelled with my hands on my cheeks and my eyes popping out. Zach had his trade mark smirk on his face, as he shrugged like it was no be deal. In front of me were two beautiful Kawasaki K 450F dirt bikes. One was painted in a royal blue color that looked magnificent in the sunlight and the other was a sparkling silver color. My jaw hung loose as I stared at it.

'You remembered?" I stammered. He chuckled and nodded. 'I remember everything Hailey."

My mind filled with flashes of the past, when Hayden bought his first bike and I had instantly fallen in love with it. But because I was a cubby kid they wouldn't let me anywhere near it. Hayden would take it out and both buddies would go out leaving me behind in tears. I shook my head trying to rid myself of the past. I watched as he walked towards me and reach for my hand. My mind couldn't neglect the idea that his hand felt perfect in mine.

"Hailey I know what's going on in your mind and I swear if I could I would turn back time and make everything right.  But I can't so all I am trying to do is prove it to you that I have changed. I am no longer that jerk." He said softly and my eyes filled with unshed tears. He leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my forehead and I couldn't hold the whimper which escaped my mouth. He sat on the blue bike and I had to suppress a groan because he made even a simple thing as mounting a bike look really sexy.

He cleared his throat and I came out from my 'world filled with sexy things about Zach'. "I wouldn't mind you ogling me all day but right now we got to move." He said with that trade mark smirk of his. I made my way to the other bike and sat on in with a groan as I tried to cover the fact that I was beyond embarrassed. He snickered but handed me my gloves and helmet silently. After I was ready, he kicked his bike and nodded at me to do the same.

"You ready" He asked but didn't wait for my reply as he dashed off leaving me in a cloud of dirt.

"Show off" I muttered and followed him. The ride was thrilling and I had many near death incidents'. I knew Zach hated me doing these tricks but I was in my comfort zone. I loved doing dangerous thing, to feel invincible. I swore he was always on the edge wondering something would go wrong.  But I wasn't going to do that. I love it and nothing's going to stop me. For a while we went on a dirt trail but I had no idea where we were. He raced ahead of me and gestured for me to follow him. After 15-20 minutes we came to what looked like a really dense part of the woods. He stopped and let his bike lean on a nearby tree.

"Well that was some ride. Where are we" I asked through pants as I got off mine.  He walked to me and hugged me tight. I stood there not knowing what to do. His body felt warm and his arms felt like home. I refrained myself from snuggling closer.

"Umph Zach, what you doing?" I murmured. "I am never ever letting you ride a bike again. My heart came in my mouth watching you do those reckless things." He yelled frustration and worry adorned his features. I couldn't stop the smile forming on my lips. He looked so cute that wanted 'aww' at him.

"Stop smiling I am serious Hailey." He deadpanned. "Oh I know." I said still smiling.

He growled but just took my hand and led me further into the woods. The trees were closer and sunlight barely reached us. The sky wasn't visible and I was getting this eerie feeling someone was watching us. I didn't say anything to him because I didn't want to spoil this date.

As we went farther into the woods it got dense and wild. But through the trees I noticed something shine in the sunlight. As we drew near my breath got caught in my throat as I took in the scene in front of me. Unknowingly my eyes filled with tears and threatened to fall, as loud gasp left my mouth.

"Do you like it.?" Zach asked, his voice filled with anticipation, but I couldn't speck because my eyes were drinking in all the beauty. In front of me was a pasture with the most beautiful and soft green grass I have ever seen. Flowers of all kinds, from lilies to orchids adorned the grass as if creating its own layer of covering. Butterflies of different shades flew past me, adding to the various colors of the background. Around it I could see the peaks of the hills creating this dark, eccentric feeling as it loomed above. This pasture was actually a plateau, cushioned beautifully between these hills that no one would even think that such a place existed in the wild forest. But the thing that left me enthralled was the gentle waterfall stream with a steady smooth current that flowed through the cracks of the hills, forming a narrow watery path across the pasture and disappearing in between the opposite hill. The sunlight shined just above the water that made it look magically and surreal. The tears finally fell, as the tranquility of this place filed every part of my being.

"Hailey, baby what's wrong" Zach's distant voice filled my ears. I turned to face him and squeezed his hand in mine. "Zach this is the most magically place I have ever seen. And I have no words to thank you." I whispered. He bent to my level and wiped away my tears, "there is no one else I would dream of being here with other than you, and so I thank you for being with me." He leaned and planted a chaste kiss on my lips making me weak on my knees.

"Come on, let's eat.' I walked with him to the banks of the streams and that's when I notice a small cove at the left of the stream that was covered with lilacs and the scent was almost enchanting. A red and white checkers rug was laid carefully in the middle with a basket on it and a bucket of singling champagne. All this was so cliché that I was in awe that a person like Zach was capable of doing all this just for me. My heart felt all tingly inside.

"How did that come here" I asked in completely bewilderment. The champagne looked chilled to perfection and the smell of food was fresh. Zach smiled sheepishly and rubbed his neck, "well these are the perks of being an alpha, I guess" I giggled as he gestured me to sit.

And that was the most amazing and fulfilling first date in my life. I felt loved and wanted, happy and contended in his company. We talked and talked about our lives, he made me tell him everything about myself because he wanted to know the really me. He also was completely honest and told me everything about him. He made himself vulnerable in front of me as he begged for my forgiveness and told me I was everything to him. I trusted him and knew deep down he will always love me. My wolf and I couldn't ask for anything more from him. He had given me everything and I was filled completely with satisfaction and joy. We ate, talked, laughed, cuddled and watched the sunset, leaving the sky filled with the colors of red, orange and gold. It felt as if even the gods rejoiced in our love.

I knew at the time as I looked at his handsome face in the twilight that I was completely in love with him and ready to live my entire life with him by my side. But little did we know that everything would go downhill the minute we left this place and returned home, to my wretched little reality.