15: Just Kissing

I have a feeling you guys will extremely enjoy this chapter, so have it! Happy Reading!! xx Ü

--

“Will you accompany me on an outing today, my sweet love, Coraline?”

This was ridiculous.

“Why of course, yes. How could I ever deny such a wonderful offer, my dearest, Theodore?”

And just like that ladies and gentlemen, Theodore Hayes has asked me out for the very first time ever. Let’s please take a moment to remember this important moment in history. He told me that he couldn’t ask me normally, because he would mess up and it wouldn’t feel genuine, hence the reason why he went all Shakespeare on my ass.

Theo and I were “practicing” how to be a couple during our lunches. I tried not to enjoy it, but what can I say? I really liked touching him.

I remember in the beginning we told Nina it was fake, and pretty much everyone else too, but since then, people have been making up their own stories, as I previously mentioned. I guess the fact that Theo and I were friends before and still are friends now really didn’t help that. People sort of just assumed that we were seriously married or at least were a couple. Granted, in the beginning they were all still making fun of us and our marriage was a hot topic for the rumor mill around school, but I can see how they would all think we were a real couple still. It wasn’t like we were doing anything to stop the lies.

But now, now we were seriously playing the part. We were faking it to make it real. It was extremely enjoyable on my part. I couldn’t count the number of times that it actually felt real, and sometimes, my head gets so delusional, I start to hallucinate that Theo also thinks it’s real. But every time I do feel that, some fucking freaky force of nature decides to explode on us, causing anything that was going to happen just blow up. I think the universe was trying to tell us something.

And at this rate, I’d be lucky to graduate high school also. We were yet again ditching school, well, just Theo and I. He promised me and himself that it was the last time before graduation, but I let out a big fat snort at that. I knew that this was really bad, but he said that it was the only time we could do this.

“Why couldn’t we just do this like tonight or during the weekend?” I complained, but still getting into his car anyways without hesitation. What can I say? We were badasses at heart, and still gave no flying flippers. It still shocked me until this day how easy it was to ditch school. You literally just walked out the doors and poof, you’ve just ditched school.

“For one, the date is on Saturday, which is the weekend, and second, you’re grounded. Do you really think your parents are going to let you off the hook another night?” Theo reasoned.

“I guess,” I grumbled.

Secretly inside of me though, I was doing jumping jacks and bouncing off the walls with joy that we were spending the day together. Theo insisted that we go on a real practice date before the actual triple date thing we were planning. Part of me was hoping that he was just saying that as a coverup and really did want to go on a date with me, but the rational part of me knew that it was for James. Subtly, I did question why he was putting so much effort into James’ plan that he completely flat out rejected in the first place.

He gave me a very vague answer, saying something like he didn’t want James to have a reason to complain later on. I was pretty sure there was more to it than that, but I didn’t complain. Theo was taking me out on a date whether it was fake or not.