Chapter 13: His Hoodie

His Hoodie

     "Gemma, you bitch," I yell, running down the stairs. It's freaking Saturday.

And it's like 5 in the morning.

"If you want your phone back, tell me the password," she yells in reply, making her way to the kitchen.

I let out a groan. "Gemma," I shout. "Give it back or I'm telling mom you got drunk on Thursday."

I run after her into the kitchen. She quickly runs past me, heading to the living room.

She jumps onto the couch and I do same. Except I land on her.

"Give it back," I say, slapping her shoulder.

"Fine," she says tiredly, handing me back my phone. "But please delete that picture."

     "Bitch, I'm not deleting this picture until you make me some pancakes," I tell her, raising an eyebrow.

     "I hate you," she mumbles walking back into the kitchen.

     "Love you, too."

     ~

     I sit across from my sister at the dinning table, enjoying my breakfast.

     I hear a ring from Gemma's phone and she checks the text she just got. "It's from Mom."

     "So what does it say?"

     "Uh.. She's gonna be home at 7 apparently," she says, looking at her phone.

     "Oh okay," I reply, continuing on eating my pancakes.

     I hear my phone get a text, too. I pick it up.

ugly✌️: can i come over?

     "Uh Gemma, is it fine if Nathan comes over?" I ask her.

     "Sure," she replies, keeping her eyes on her phone. I look back at mine.

Me: yea sure👍

ugly✌️: ok. be there in like 5 min

     I put my phone down and continuing eating.

     "Well," my sister says, making me look up at her. "Aren't you going to change?"

     "No, why?"

     "Well, I mean your boyfriend is coming over so," she replies, giving me a huge smile.

     "Oh god, shut up," I mumble. "And you better shut up when he comes over, too."

~

I hear the doorbell ring, and I quickly run to open the door. "Hey," I say, breathlessly. Nathan is wearing a maroon hoodie with grey sweatpants, and for some reason, it makes me happy.

"Desperate hoe," I hear my sister whisper behind me.

I turn around and slap her shoulder, while Nathan lets out a laugh.

He walks inside, and I shut the door. "So where's your mom?" He asks.

"She went to work early," Gemma replies.

Nathan nods his head and takes a seat on the couch. I sit beside him. "So, how's life?" I ask.

"It's going okay," he replies, playing with the strings of his hoodie. "I kinda miss my sister, though."

I nod my head. "When's she coming back?"

"Tomorrow."

"Hey, lovebirds," we hear behind us. We both turn around, finding Gemma holding a plate of more pancakes. "Pancakes?"