Chapter 23: Finding Jacob

I ran for miles and miles, I'm pretty sure I wasn't even in La Push anymore; my wolf whine in protest at been so far away from my mate, but I had to push on and find my brother.

I reached a river bank and paused, the gap was wide but easy for me to jump over. However the sent of Jacob barely lingered, sniffing around I found my self walking on the edge of the river.

'How could she do this to me' My head snapped up at the sound of Jacob in my head, I gave out a little whimper at the images of Jake and Bella; she clearly loved him. In her own way but I guess she loved the leech more.

'I love her and now she's gone forever' He whimpered, I let out a little growl.... That little human is a selfish, doesn't think of anyone else but herself and those vampires. I sniffed the air getting a rather strong smell on Jacob, I gave a wolfy grin and rushed in the direction of his sent.

As I got closer his thoughts got louder, I froze in my spot at the sight of Jacob laying on his belly, huge balls of water fell from his eyes dampening his fur and ground below him. The thing that was most heartbreaking was the whimpers and whines that escape the strong wolf; this wasn't Jacob Black the true Alpha of the La push pack, or the chiefs son..... No this was a heart broken wolf that needed comfort.

And I was here to give it to him.

'Jakey' I whimpered, laying low and slowly crept to him.

His head shot up at my sudden movements 'Jessy' He sniffed, I nod my head at him and continued to crawl over to him. Once I reached him, I rubbed my head against his and let out a comforting growl; which he returned 'I'm here' I cooed softly, Jake placed his head on the ground over his paws and I rested my head on his. Every so often I would rub myself against him telling him I was still here and that I wasn't going anywhere.

'Why is she doing this to me?' He whimpered, his claws dug into the ground.

'I don't know Jake' I replied giving him a lick in between his ears 'But you will have your happy ending'

'I wanted her'

I rolled my eyes and let out a shuttered breath, seeing him like this was hurting me 'I know you did brother, but she wasn't your imprint meaning it was NOT meant to be'

'I guess your right' I look down at him in shock, was he really getting over this so soon 'It still doesn't help that she choose a vampire instead of a human'

'Would that of made it easier'

'Not really but at least I would of known she was going to have a happy life' He turns to look at me with hard eyes 'Instead, she's going to become one of them' He shook his head 'What if she can't control herself, we will have to kill her'

I nuzzled his neck trying to hide my thought of my plan to actually do it when the time came; maybe I was being a little harsh but I can't look over the fact that she had hurt my pack and me.

'You only have to watch til your imprint arrives'

'Yeah' He snorts 'If I have one'

'Of course you do Jakey' I paused for a moment 'We all have one, it just takes time to meet them'

'So I will meet her?' His eyes lit up in excitement.

'Yeah, you will' He leaned towards me and gave me a brotherly kiss before standing up, I followed his suite 'Ready to go home Jakey'

'Yeah, I have my best friends wedding to attend'

I paused in step and look over at him, concern filled my eyes 'Are you sure that's a good idea'

'Not really but I have to be there'

I sighed 'Do you want me to come with you?'

Jake snorted 'Sam won't like that'

'I know' I shook my head 'But someone in the pack needs me'

'Okay'

My ears perked up at the answer 'I'll just stay in the bushes and maybe bring Sam all, he can't disapprove if he's with me'

'Good thinking Jessy' I rolled my eyes at his comment and playful pushed him over before taking of running in the directions of home and my imprint.