Chapter 14: In which We Dance

*highly recommend you watch the video as you listen to the song. If not then I highly recommend that you at least listen to the song. This is the song that will be mentioned in the dance scene (and yes I made this video *proud*).  

note also- it's come to my attention that some chapters are not loading all the way? To know if your chapter loaded all the way - there will always be a picture of Fayette and August at the end of the chapter with the poster asking if you liked the book so far or not. IF IT'S NOT THERE THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG AND JUST REFRESH YOUR PAGE PLEASE. THANK YOU. 

Song: Cold Cold Man By Saint Motel 

*****

Had you been there tonight you might

 know how it feels, 

to be struck to the bone in a moment of 

breathless delight. 

-Les Miserable  

All my life my heart has sought a thing I cannot name

A piece that suddenly clicked into place. I had always rolled my eyes when Lizzy talked about love at first sight. I didn't believe it. Even now looking into his eyes, I still don't believe it. But I believe in that click. 

As he took a step closer to me. 

And then another. 

As he reached out for my hand and I gave it to him.

As he kissed it slowly. 

Letting flesh touch flesh for the first time. 

As he closed his eyes. 

Then opened them to reveal his gaze. 

As he spoke. 

There you are. 

I've been looking for you.

I felt that click. I wasn't searching for another half because I'm not half. I'm a whole person. But I knew in that moment, that he had all of me. 

I let out a deep sigh. We still were staring into each other's eyes. Then my haze cleared up and my mind started to pound.

Wait. Am I. The Prince's. Life Mate. 

I started to let out a choking noise and took a step back. 

The moment broke.

The Prince took a few steps toward me and claimed both of my hands. His eyes held a deep desperate sorrow that had me staring in wonder. I never knew a man could look that way.

"Not tonight," he said. My eyes widened a little at his voice. In the moment I had not noted it. But now I realized that his sound was deeper than the average man.