Chapter Twenty-Two.

Songs for this chapter are:

You- The Pretty Reckless

Lies- Marina and the Diamonds

Hurts So Good- Astrid S

...

Nora's POV.

Man, is he good at distracting me. I pull my mouth back a little, to get my focus back. I keep my mouth on his, but keep a few inches between our bodies. His lips are so soft. Too soft for me to pay attention to anything else. I need to gain my composer so we can finish this conversation. I open my eyes while he kisses me, his hands at are his sides for now, so I have a tiny bit of control over my body.

I look around the room, trying to find a focal point. Well, he has a hockey poster on the wall. Two rows of beady eyes on bulky men gawk back at me. Each of them, hockey stick in hand, are staring down at me like I've done something that deserves their hunky yet surprisingly judgmental stares.

Why the hell does Landon have this hanging over his bed? Sometimes his age is so there, like it a massive neon sign over his head, screaming at me when I look at him. Like now, when I'm laying here reading the list of dates for a hockey team in his bed. He clearly doesn't have women in his bed often, the thought makes me love the poster a little more.

But other times, he is nothing but pure man. He has an old soul. A wise beyond his years smile and a heart of dripping gold. He's careful and each one of his touches mean something. He puts thought behind his glances, his kisses. He doesn't just put his mouth on me, he puts his entire soul into me, taking a piece of me with every drawn breath.

And his body. He has the body of a man, threaded ropes of muscle make up his arms. His cheeks are covered in hair and his broad shoulders carry the weight of so many others. He's the most thoughtful person, man or woman, I've ever come across. But, no matter how I try to justify it, he's still five years younger than me. When our ages are pointed out, when they are focused on, the numbers change things. The air shifts, the energy between us thrums a little louder. He's only in his second year of college! What could I have in common with him?

His mouth moves down to my neck and his tongue makes sweet swirls against my skin. Maybe I can name a few things we have in common...

But then there's Dakota. She called him again. What am I going to do about this girl? I don't have the energy for this high school love triangle bullshit. I'm too old for that. I've done that. I've fought with friends over boys and cried into my fair share of bottles of cheap wine. Landon hasn't even had time to get her out of his system before I came around, pulling him in the other direction.

Part of me can't possibly understand what he sees in her, besides her appearance. She's beautiful and works hard for the body she has. But inside, she's rude and dramatic and childish and-

Am I really doing this? Am I laying here, in his bed, with his mouth on me, curating a list of reasons why his ex is awful? Is that the level I have stooped to?

I drag my fingers down his back as he continues to lick at my neck. I have never felt this content with a man and I sure as hell haven't ever met a man who would be given complete control over my body and choose to use his mouth on me until I turn into a blissful puddle, being cradled in his lap on the floor.

Still, he hasn't had time to properly date anyone. He has never even gone out on a date with anyone other than her. He's living in his first apartment, I paid mortgage in a condo. He hasn't had his college experience yet. I had my share of waking up on someone's lawn with a hangover from the party the night before. I'm positive that he's never even been to a college party. He's never had a one-night stand. Dakota is all he knows about women.