The Malfoy name

Draco Malfoy blearily woke up from a terrible nightmare in the early hours of the morning. His golden retriever lay at the foot of his bed, and as Draco sat up, Rex perked up at the movement.

"Hey buddy, just a bad dream." Draco mumbled to the dog, patting his head. Draco began to lay down to go back to sleep, when his arm began searing as if it were on fire, his dark mark tattoo writhing in the pitch black of the room.

"Why now? It's two in the morning," Draco muttered grumpily, as he quickly changed into his robes. It wouldn't do him any good to skip out on a meeting when he was spying. He placed his wand in his wand pocket, and he apparated out of the house.

-

    Scorpius woke up, being unable to sleep well that night. He had an uneasy feeling that something bad would happen, or something was going to change. He had tried going back to sleep, but it was to no avail. Scorpius glanced over towards Albus whom was curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly for the first time in months. Scorpius was just glad Albus had finally gotten a break, the boy needed it. Scorpius could tell Albus was stressed with what was going on in their lives lately, and the two hadn't had much time to themselves.

'Maybe I could plan a date or something for us, it'd be relaxing, and we'd be able to spend time together.' Scorpius thought, as he walked over to the dorm room window that looked out on the lake front.

The water was always calming, but Scorpius was glad the only window that looked at the lake from below sea level was the giant glass window in the Common Room. At least that way, he couldn't drown.

Albus mumbled in his sleep, Scorpius noticed.

"No. . . Don't touch him. Stay away. . ." Albus mumbled, stirring slightly.

Albus seemed to calm down after a few minutes, and Scorpius decided to walk down to the Common Room to clear his head.

-

Albus tossed and turned, mumbling in his sleep quite a time after Scorpius had left the room.

"NOOOOO!" Albus screamed, waking himself from the nightmare.

Albus glanced around, realizing that he wasn't dead, and that it had been a bad dream.
He really needed to get a sleep draught sometime, he decided. Albus sat up and allowed himself to calm down before thinking over the details of the dream. His parents had been there, so had James and Lily - both sets of them, and everyone else he knew and loved had been there too. Albus didn't remember what caused him to wake so abruptly, but he was sure it had to deal with the light that now wouldn't leave his eyes. It was so blinding, and so terrible, yet he was intrigued by it, and he didn't know why. He thought it best to not dwell on the subject, so Albus decided that he should go back to sleep, so that's what he did.

-

Draco apparated into the Dining Room with a loud crack, and he glanced around his parent's home at those gathered. He wanted to go back home and crawl into bed, didn't anyone here understand what rest meant? Draco scanned the faces, noting that more people had joined the ranks, a few being young enough to be students at Hogwarts.

What were they doing here? He thought, as he strode to find his parents.

Draco found Narcissa and Lucius in the kitchen conversing quietly amongst themselves.

"You know what He wants to do, half of his plan is to use that damned cabinet to get through unseen. If they get their hands anywhere near our grandson, I'll personally rip his nose off-" Lucius muttered, as Draco had breached the doorway.