Chapter 3

We walked somewhere I didn't know as Daniel suddenly stopped.

“Are we there? Can I take the scarf off?”, I asked nervously but curious.

“But you've to promise to keep your eyes closed”, I heard him saying. I nodded agreeing and so he took the scarf off my eyes. “Now wait.”

“Again? O c'mon, Danny! That's not funny anymore! You idiot...”, I muttered but no answer came. “Danny...?” There was silence all around me, just some football-fans I could here farther. “That's really not funny anymore! ...”, I said loud as suddenly someone pricked me with the fingers in both sides. I yelled. “You're such an asshole!” I opened my eyes and turned around.

“I'm sorry, I thought you'd like me. That's what Daniel said.” I couldn't get my mouth closed. That wasn't Daniel standing in front of me. That was... “Are you okay...?”

“Oh, yeah, yes, of course!”, I said quickly and tried to breath normally but my heart was beating fast.

“I'm sorry if I scarred you...”

“No – no, no, you-you didn't, I was just... I thought you would be Danny...”

“I'm not, I'm Marco, but I think you knew that, too, right?” He smiled. I just could nod 'cause I still couldn't believe that it was really him: Marco Reus.

It took me a while to get back my voice but as I wanted start saying something he interrupted me.

“Oh, wait, before I miss...” He pulled something out of the pocket of his jacket and gave it to me. “Happy Birthday”, he said with a smile. I took the gift and watched it while holding it in my hands. “Don't you wanna open?”

“Of course!” I untied the ribbon and opened the tiny box. “Oh my god – thank you!” I extracted the gift what was a charm for my Dortmund-bracelet. I pushed up my pullover which I was wearing under my jersey to reach the bracelet I was always wearing.

I tried to put the new charm on but it didn't want like I wanted.

“May I help you?”, Marco asked and took a step towards me. I looked up.

“That would be nice...” He took the bracelet and also the charm, figured out how to get it on and did. I hold my arm out to him and he tied round the bracelet.

I looked at it and smiled, than looked back at him.

“May I hug you...?”, I asked hesitant. He smiled.

“Sure.” I hugged him and noticed that he pulled me close. I felt so comfy in his arms and for a moment I didn't want to let him go again.

“So, you watched the match, right?”, he asked as we separated. I nodded.

“It was awesome! Nice goal by the way.” I smiled at him and he smiled back. “Sometimes I think I shouldn’t have stopped playing soccer...”, I said thoughtful.

“You played? When?” Marco seemed to be interested.

“When I was younger”, I told him, “I had been 14 or 15 years old.”

“And why did you stop?” I had to laugh.

“I jumped in front of a car.”

“What?”

“I had an accident, run in front of a car what hit me and yeah, plaster for a half year”, I explained what had happen in the past.

“A half year? So long? Wow.” I nodded.

“And because I missed so much training, I gave up everything.” This time Marco nodded. Then he seemed to be thinking.

“Say... I would like to know if you can still play.”

“What?” I looked at him like he had said something I didn't understand. He grinned.

"Just follow me." He walked toward the stadium, me right behind him. I still haven't known what he had meant but it was sure that we would go INTO the stadium.