Chapter Thirteen

Thank you a million times to one-and-only for this amazing cover! (:

Word Count: 1632

~Lexia

Malik stood before me, staring at me as if he didn't believe I truly existed.

Cal, the Huntsman had abandoned me not far back from Grayson's home, so it took only a short walk for me to make it there. Except, I had expected to see Grayson when I first opened the front door, so when I was faced with the Alpha of Love, I was surprised.

"Lexia?" He questioned, obviously still not understanding that I'm standing here.

"Malik," I reply, tilting my head.

I fold my arms over my chest, wishing he would move out of the way. The setting sun beats on my back, and a glass of water seems like a very good idea right now. And Grayson. I want to see Grayson.

"How did you...Where were you?" He questions me, still it budging from his position between me and the inside of the house. I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"Can I see Grayson, please?"

Malik looks stunned for a moment. "Right. Ah, he's in the Vengeance Pack right now. I'll let him know you're back."

Finally, I follow Malik inside, who still is asking me relentless questions about where I've been the past five days. Honestly all I want to do is collapse my weak body into a bed, but I supplied Malik with the basics of my kidnapping.

I left out details of the strange Huntsman named Cal from a Pack unknown. He told me to keep a secret, and at this time, I'm not jumping on the idea of selling him out. I mean, he's proved how good he is with a bow and arrow...

"That's impressive how you managed to escape," he points out. I just finished telling him about how I managed to escape all on my own, and thankfully, he believed it completely.

"I know right," I mutter under my breath.

Malik managed to leave me alone for awhile. I think he got the hint that his job was over from the nurse I saw to check if the drugs I was given weren't too dangerous to my system. Luckily enough she prescribed me to food, water and sleep, and I was left to crawl into the comfortable bed Grayson offered me, and wait.

I could have slept, lying there in the clutches of pure softness and silk, but every time I closed my eyes, Grayson was there, and Cal, and Reilly, and even Jasper.

Where is that elusive, appear out of nowhere Alpha of Devotion anyway?

Okay maybe I can't sleep. I mean, I've been unconscious for five days, with only small intervals between to be drugged again, so wasting away more time doesn't appeal to me very much.

Should I just wait until Grayson is home? Why am I so anxious to see him anyway? Maybe because he's my mate...But I always thought I didn't need my mate for anything.

So I just lay in bed, fingers tapping against my arms as I kept them folded. He's on his way back right now...

I did end up finding sleep. The Vengeance Pack and the Freedom Pack are far apart, and I knew it would be agony waiting for Grayson to drive back.